Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMRC delete 2019 F150 coyote isuues

Tuner in Training

LMRC delete 2019 F150 coyote isuues

I have a 2019 F150 Coyote with a Ford Performance Pack that I swapped in a 1971 Bronco. I had the LMRC delete done but haven't tuned it yet. It seems to run ok but when I roll on the throttle it breaks up. Is this simply because it hasn't been tuned for LMRC delete? What needs to be done? Sorry for the stupid question.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have a 2019 F150 Coyote with a Ford Performance Pack that I swapped in a 1971 Bronco. I had the LMRC delete done but haven't tuned it yet. It seems to run ok but when I roll on the throttle it breaks up. Is this simply because it hasn't been tuned for LMRC delete? What needs to be done? Sorry for the stupid question.
    RWTD a stable of information in this community has provide this information, you will need to start dialing in the MAF Transfer function, and probably the torque tables due to the change in bottom end torque. see below..

How To: CMCV/IMRC Deletion & Tune Modification Information

Deleting the (Charge Motion Control Valves, aka IMRC - Intake Manifold Runner Controls) can/give you more power above the normal CMCV opening, especially in the higher rpm range, as they do pose a slight restriction, but you will lose some low end power below approx. 2k (nothing really major, and a gear change in the future would keep you from even noticing). There isn't anything "funky" it does to the car, provided you make the proper adjustments in the tune. Also, anytime you add in a PDB (Positive Displacement Blower), they are automatically deleted in those kits anyway.

With that being said, you MUST follow the detailed instructions below when deleting them on the S197 3V Mustangs, as well as any 3V 5.4 truck. The reason for this is when you set the "IMRC Switch" to "Disabled" the pcm thinks they are closed at all times, and you obviously want the "Open" table values to be used.

How To: CMCV/IMRC Deletion & Tune Modification Information

1: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, change "IMRC Switch" to "Disabled".
    2: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "Angle (IMRC Open) Torque" table to the "Angle (IMRC Closed) Torque" table.
    3: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "Angle (IMRC Open) Load" table to "Angle (IMRC Closed) Load" table
    4: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "Load with failed MAF (IMRC Open)" table to the "Load with failed MAF" table.
    5: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "MAP at Zero Airmass (Open)" table to the "MAP at Zero Airmass (Closed)" table.
    6: Under Engine, Airflow, General Airflow, copy the "MAP per Airmass (Open)" table to the "MAP per Airmass (Close)" table.
    7: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, copy the "Base (IMRC Open)" table to the "Base (IMRC Closed)" table.
    8: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, copy the "Base MBT (IMRC Open)" table to the "Base MBT (IMRC Closed)" table.
    9: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, add (+) the "Base MBT" table under IMRC Spark to the "MBT Spark" table under Main Spark. To do this, copy this entire table by clicking on the top left cell, right click copy, then do a "Paste Special, Add" into the correct table. Once done, zero out the "Base MBT" table.
    10: Under Engine, Spark Control, Spark Advance, add (+) the "Base" table under IMRC Spark to the "Borderline Knock" table under Main Spark. To do this, copy this entire table by clicking on the top left cell, right click copy, then do a "Paste Special, Add" into the correct table. Once done, zero out the "Base" table.

Edit: FYI, I just found a problem with the software. It doesn't allow negative values on the tables listed for #7 and #8 above. However, I don't think any of the negative values are different between the two tables, just the positives ones only (just glancing at them, tho). Regardless, I'll send in a bug report to support.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by RWTD; 08-28-2009 at 01:43 AM.

RWTD

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the response. I saw this thread, does this apply to the 2019 gen 3 F150 Coyote?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thank you for the response. I saw this thread, does this apply to the 2019 gen 3 F150 Coyote?
    I am working on this, not sure when i will be completed. 2019 there is IMRC Switch to Disable and about 5-8 more things that need to be adjusted.

Advanced Tuner
    Yea unfortunately I have no found a good way to easily delete then on the gen2 either and have it drive like stock .

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Yea unfortunately I have no found a good way to easily delete then on the gen2 either and have it drive like stock .
    Bill Take a look at the Word Doc, this is what i got for 2015 Plus.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    wow thats a great write up sir thank you .

Advanced Tuner
    I got a delete to work on Gen2 but it was much more effort than I expected. Doing the intuitive way resulted in knock advance being disabled…

Advanced Tuner
    how did you go about doing it mike?

Advanced Tuner
    I had to copy all of the imrc open data into the equivalent imrc closed mapped points. Also disable imrc and indicate open in the imrc tab.

I tried several different ways to make it use only the imrc open mapped points and every try resulted in some undesirable outcome.

Advanced Tuner
    yea i have to say its been a frustrating thing to deal with over time

Potential Tuner
    I?ll need to disable the CMCV on a Gen 3/FRPP Control Pack. Do either of you have an update on the experience based on the dialog on this thread so far? Curious what to expect.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I had to copy all of the imrc open data into the equivalent imrc closed mapped points. Also disable imrc and indicate open in the imrc tab.

I tried several different ways to make it use only the imrc open mapped points and every try resulted in some undesirable outcome.

I can really use some help doing this on a Gen 2 Coyote, the instructions within the word doc and RWTD instructions does not apply to the Gen 2.

Advanced Tuner
    I've come to the conclusion to just leave them on. Figuring out and then using gen 1 mapped points works, so does using 3 cam settings.

1)Idle 0,30 2)driving 0,0 and 3)OP what ever you like.

That works but it does have a slight stumble you may or may not feel.

Leaving them on and making sure they open when you want gives the best drivability.

Advanced Tuner
    K44 I would add one at like 30,30 for cruise.

Tuner in Training
    Does someone have settings for a imrc delete on a gen3?

Advanced Tuner
    The gen 2 and 3 truck engines use a different set of cams and exhaust cam phasers, different firing order than the mustang. If you are using the FRPP coyote control pack you will need to run the mustang cams, and the mustang exhaust phasers. Intake manifold is also different and will want to be tuned, use the truck tune info. You can overcome this with a lot of wiring and some tuning, I think PBH offers a harness and tuning instructions as well.

IMRC are turned off by default in the FRPP control packs.

Mustang cams are more aggressive than truck cams, will make more hp and RPM.
    Last edited by B E N; 06-10-2023 at 02:16 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    IMRC are turned off by default in the FRPP control packs.
    May I ask what Gen control pack and where you received this info? It?s the first time I?ve heard it. The only reason I?m looking at getting an HPTuner or getting a tune is to deactivate the CMCV/IMRC that had to be removed for a Gen 3 crate motor swap. Would love not to mess with tuning for the time being. I?ll try to also call Ford Racing about it.

Advanced Tuner
    Call them, or just look at a gen 3 read. On my gen 2 all the hardware is there, and they can be turned on but do nothing by default, you can see it in the logs: position never changes. Here is a Screen shot from the stock control pack tune.

2023-06-13 (1).png

Tuner in Training
    They are enabled in my gen 3/10R80 control pack tune.