Thread: Can someone check my ID1000 data, I don't think it's right.

Advanced Tuner

Can someone check my ID1000 data, I don't think it's right.

I used the data off ID's website and I "think" I did it correctly. The reason I'm questioning if it's right or not is my VE seems really low for 12ish lbs of boost. Above 6krpm it goes stupid rich, like down to .70. If I took out 10% to get it to commanded my VE would be in the high 90's which doesn't seem right to me.

Base pressure is 58psi
    ID 1000's
    pump E85
    holley boost referenced FPR
    dual hellcat pumps
    -8 feed, -6 return plumbed the correct way.

I'm thinking I have to put the data in wrong
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    I used the data off ID's website and I "think" I did it correctly. The reason I'm questioning if it's right or not is my VE seems really low for 12ish lbs of boost. Above 6krpm it goes stupid rich, like down to .70. If I took out 10% to get it to commanded my VE would be in the high 90's which doesn't seem right to me.

Base pressure is 58psi
    ID 1000's
    pump E85
    holley boost referenced FPR
    dual hellcat pumps
    -8 feed, -6 return plumbed the correct way.

I'm thinking I have to put the data in wrong
    It actually appears to be correct. The numbers are low though. It's kind of odd the way the MAF is disabled, but shouldn't be affecting anything.

Have you verified the % of Ethanol in your pump E85?

Advanced Tuner
    I have not checked the E%

I have not checked the E%
    Pump E85 at one gas station in my area is 62% every time. Another station in the same town is 70% The third station is 40%. So currently I'm at 55% Ethanol. My commanded AFR is 11.41 (stoich for the percentage) and my PE is 9.75. Unless you have some kind of quick way to determine ethanol percentage, you could be 20-30% rich all the time with 9.85 as stoich in your tune.

I recommend flashing to the 2002 tahoe flex fuel os. It takes two credits but you can run a content sensor on a P01 and still run 2bar. Let me know if there's some way to do it that I'm missing. I did try to run E85 on my 2001 Silverado os before, by only changing stoich, and all it ever did was run way rich. That's because I had stoich at 10.0 and it was probably around 11.9 or higher in reality.

You could pull it off if you knew you were consistently getting 60% E every time, then you could adjust stoich to match so you could tune correcty. The downside is you have to be open loop all the time. You can run closed loop with the content sensor. Hope that helps and Good luck!
    Last edited by Matt Vardaman; 03-15-2022 at 02:19 AM.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)

In general, it's not necessarily bad to see less than 100% VE under boost. Remember that VE is still multiplied by the MAP value (which is greater than 100kPa in boost). You still get a higher resulting g/cyl number out of the equation in boost, even if VE is slightly less than 100%. Just make sure your MAP and IAT readings are accurate.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Vardaman View Post
    Pump E85 at one gas station in my area is 62% every time. Another station in the same town is 70% The third station is 40%. So currently I'm at 55% Ethanol. My commanded AFR is 11.41 (stoich for the percentage) and my PE is 9.75. Unless you have some kind of quick way to determine ethanol percentage, you could be 20-30% rich all the time with 9.85 as stoich in your tune.

I recommend flashing to the 2002 tahoe flex fuel os. It takes two credits but you can run a content sensor on a P01 and still run 2bar. Let me know if there's some way to do it that I'm missing. I did try to run E85 on my 2001 Silverado os before, by only changing stoich, and all it ever did was run way rich. That's because I had stoich at 10.0 and it was probably around 11.9 or higher in reality.

You could pull it off if you knew you were consistently getting 60% E every time, then you could adjust stoich to match so you could tune correcty. The downside is you have to be open loop all the time. You can run closed loop with the content sensor. Hope that helps and Good luck!
    I didn't know there was a flex fuel 2 bar OS for the P01. I thought there was only one for the newer f body OS. I will definetly be doing that. I already have a flex sensor installed. I installed it when I built the fuel system in plans of going Holley EFI(my custom harness was supposed to be done 3 months ago...)

I always use a Tahoe p01 FF custom 2 bar OS

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I always use a Tahoe p01 FF custom 2 bar OS
    I'm guessing I can get it from the repository then apply the 2 bar upgrade?

Senior Tuner
    I'm guessing I can get it from the repository then apply the 2 bar upgrade?

Here ya go.

2002tahoe53Lbeigestock.hpt

I didn't know there was a flex fuel 2 bar OS for the P01. I thought there was only one for the newer f body OS. I will definetly be doing that. I already have a flex sensor installed. I installed it when I built the fuel system in plans of going Holley EFI(my custom harness was supposed to be done 3 months ago...)
    Looks like Kevin has already hooked you up with the 12216125 OS. Best of luck! I've been working on my turbo hot side recently, hoping to have a turbo on the daily driver by the end of the year.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks everyone for the help. I really appreciate it.