Thread: 2011 CTS-V Help after mods.

2011 CTS-V Help after mods.

Hey guys,
    Recently getting back into racing my CTS-V after a little break and i decided to add some parts ive been gathering.

Mods: 2.38 Upper, 9.17 Lower, Ported Blower, 102mm, 4.5" intake, Kooks 2" to 3" exhaust, Ported L92s with Larger valves, .660s, Comp cams Roller Rockers, BTR PDS Stage 3,
    Fluiddyne Front mount HX and pump. ID850s

Well after installing the L92s ,Cam , and 102 im currently unable to check all of my work for leaks and get the car to at least idle. even swapping back to a stock tb to attempt to run proved unsucessful for more than 20 secs. If someone could please help me out just to get started before i bring it to Tune time in NJ , It would be appreciated.

Joe NJ
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-18-2022 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Adding injectors

Post the tune and current logs.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I can upload the current tune which was spot on performed by Tune time, but due to the car not being able to run for more than 20 sec it would be hard to log and not too informative i would imagine. Im basically looking to see if someone has similar mods and i can take a shot at uploading their tune to get running long enough to make sure i dont have a major issue or leak.

The log would be very helpful to see why the engine is shutting off, any codes?

No codes, just seems like the idle is too low for the aggressive cam and eventually chokes its self out. I'll attempt to try and log what's happening tomorrow and I'll upload my previous tune before the heads, cam and valvetrain.

Tuning Addict
    Not to sound like an arse, but if tune time's gonna be tuning it then why not get them to send you a base file to drive it in on?

your 100% right and i thought about this too. The reason i didnt bother them to begin with is in case i did have an issue (oil Leak, Rocker problem...etc) is because i would have to set a date to come in...I didnt want them to feel slighted if they sent me a tune file and then im another 2 weeks out waiting for parts after they sent me a tune and thinking i might not show up. Ill reach out to them and see if they can send something just to get it started. I thought the Repository would have something along the lines of a bolt on tune to give guys a roadmap from stock on where to start moding.