Thread: A580 dosnt respond to changes

A580 dosnt respond to changes

So I have been messing around with the wife?s 2007 300 3.5 and I can?t seems to control the flare up between 1-2 2-3 shift no matter what I do?..

It drives fine and when it shifts it lets go of one set of clutch?s rpm raises the other clutch?s bite and it goes it really is nothing dramatic just feel like it shouldnt do it at all and I should be able to make it not do that

This is first time I have tuned a dodge trans and I am having issues

I have added a few psi in the fill pressure one tab and no help

I have raised the torque ramp 10 percent and nothing

Turned off torque reduction and nothin

Turned it back on and nothing

What am I missing to get a quicker slightly firmer shift

I have set the converter to have 0 slip and it still logs that it is commanding 15 rpm of slip

Does the car have a can tune on it? If so you have to put the stock tune back on the car then you can read the stock file with hp tuners.
    I had this problem that none of the changes had any effect because the canned tune is locked.Once I modified the STOCK tune, the changes were apparent immediately.

The car was bone stock no tune but when I did read tune for the first time I got a message saying that hotuners was providing the most up to date file because the one it had couldn?t be used? it does the same when I read 6.0 power strokes also so I didn?t think much of it

Am I at least making the right changes to achieve what I want

I am going to adjust some shift points just to see if it changes any thing

I am quite new to tuning as well so I can't help you there, I could send my file so you could compare the settings. You do have a nag1 and not a four speed correct? My car is a 2006 charger R/T.

I will say I learned the hard way with torque ramp and overlap settings. I didn't think I changed much but it was enough to get some nasty flare between gears and even went into limp mode. So I set everything to stock and started comparing to other files found on the internet. I almost have it where I like it now.

Advanced Tuner
    How much actual TC slip are you getting when it flares?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I am quite new to tuning as well so I can't help you there, I could send my file so you could compare the settings. You do have a nag1 and not a four speed correct? My car is a 2006 charger R/T.
    Yes it?s nag1

Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post
    How much actual TC slip are you getting when it flares?
    Actually haven?t payed attention to that?. but now that u bring it up it starts shift better when the converter is locked up

Even at the smallest part throttle 1-2 shift litterly feels like it lets go of the gear rpms go up and then second comes In and brings em down it?s really annoying

I?ll look at a log and see the slip on the shift

increase shift firmness

Hey, sorry I didn't see you posted back. what I can tell you is that you need to be lowering numbers in the shift pressure tab. Specifically, shift overlap time, ramp torque, and pressure control solenoid. Lowering the pressure control solenoid milliamps by 10% will give firmer shifts. lowering overlap time will reduce time spent while changing gears which could help with your flare problem.
    I attached my stock file and my most recent revision. in the modified one, the torque converter locks up early which is the cause of the slight bump in the middle of second gear. Keep in mind my shift point settings are for a 5.7 hemi and that this tune is not necessarily final. If these changes don't do anything then you still need to be looking for a stock file on the internet to try out. Good luck.
    2006 Dodge Charger RT [Stock].hpt2006 Dodge Charger RT [Stock][modified][shift point and torque converter mods][shift pressure mo.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Hey, sorry I didn't see you posted back. what I can tell you is that you need to be lowering numbers in the shift pressure tab. Specifically, shift overlap time, ramp torque, and pressure control solenoid. Lowering the pressure control solenoid milliamps by 10% will give firmer shifts. lowering overlap time will reduce time spent while changing gears which could help with your flare problem.
    I attached my stock file and my most recent revision. in the modified one, the torque converter locks up early which is the cause of the slight bump in the middle of second gear. Keep in mind my shift point settings are for a 5.7 hemi and that this tune is not necessarily final. If these changes don't do anything then you still need to be looking for a stock file on the internet to try out. Good luck.
    2006 Dodge Charger RT [Stock].hpt2006 Dodge Charger RT [Stock][modified][shift point and torque converter mods][shift pressure mo.hpt
    Hey what else is done on that tune? Is that a 93 tune?

I was looking for tuning refrences for 93 ect, trying to learn tuning pre eagles and this thing is modded alot more than trans lol.

sorry, I am not well versed in engine tuning. the timing tables are a rip off from an 87 canned tune considering the current fuel prices .I have adjusted the fueling ,fans ,mds, throttle tip in ect. trans is the easy part for me. I cannot offer any more advice on the engine side, sorry.

Advanced Tuner
    sorry, I am not well versed in engine tuning. the timing tables are a rip off from an 87 canned tune considering the current fuel prices .I have adjusted the fueling ,fans ,mds, throttle tip in ect. trans is the easy part for me. I cannot offer any more advice on the engine side, sorry.
    greetings. would you happen to know if the 06 300c nag1 awd and a 08 rear wheel drive transmission's output shaft planetary gears the same? i know i have to change the bellhousing.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.