Thread: 15 Charger 5.7 long tube headers tune question

Tuner in Training

15 Charger 5.7 long tube headers tune question

I have a 15 charger 5.7 with CAI, 85MM TB, cam, I have car already tuned when I had shorty headers and high flow cats. I just installed long tubes with catless mids. Is there anything to the tune that would need adjusted besides 02 delay and little fuel? Anything to help with performance?

Could possibly mess with timing tables. Was tune file for Cam/TB/CAI? Or was the original tune for Short Headers and High Flow cats, and NOW you have installed Cam/Headers/TB/CAI?
    2013 Charger R/T - 1-3/4'' Longtubes, Catless Mids, 180 T-Stat, CAI, 6.4 Manifold Swap, 370whp@5600/411wtq@3950
    Contact [email protected] for Engine Building or Tuning needs!

Many things could be changed. Depends how could the current tune is

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    The current tune is for the short headers and the high flow cats.

Then yes a lot needs changed, bigger TB will require modifying TB airlfow tables. Longtubes help the exhaust scavenging effect so..more air in/out mean more fuel, and can also mean more timing.
    2013 Charger R/T - 1-3/4'' Longtubes, Catless Mids, 180 T-Stat, CAI, 6.4 Manifold Swap, 370whp@5600/411wtq@3950

Tuner in Training
    I'm sorry I read your question wrong GaS. The current tune is for CAI,TB, and headers with cats, and cam. Little while after tune I installed long tubes and cat less mids.

With longtubes added there is more airflow and with no cats there more than likely more air only on the top end where there's more demand for air out. Fueling needs to be adjusted, and might be able to squeeze a little more timing out of it too.

Tuner in Training
    Would the fueling being off make the car feel like it has power surges? Kinda feels like its being held back when accelerating then all the sudden power comes back as rpms rise?

That sounds more like an airflow thing or cam timing. Did it do it before the LTH swap?
    2019 challenger rt
    k&N cold air intake
    92mm hellcat throttlebody
    ported 392 intake manifold
    ported eagle heads
    Cammotion custom 222/234 cam
    stainless works long tube headers and catless mid pipes
    3' catback with h-pipe & pypes violator mufflers
    e-85 tuned

Tuner in Training
    It did do it before but not as bad. Someone who saw my data log said it looks like I need to update my torque model cause it looked like tcc was slipping and locking. I'm not sure what chart under torque model I need to update the new torque numbers. Any help letting me know what the torque chart I need and what chart needs updated for airflow. Thanks