Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lean cruise

Quote Originally Posted by kingtal0n View Post
    Fastest way to cruise lean is go open loop and tune the VE table or open EQ for 16's on a wideband then if you want throw a 1000Ohm variable resistor on the IAT sensor so you can adjust the a/f ratio up and down in realtime once you tuned the IAT adder for timing you can do both from the driver seat while cruising, cuts down on tuning time and helps with variability due to heat soak and lets you squeeze the highest a/f ratio out of the engine despite wandering conditions
    And then allow STFTs in open loop or no? If so, do they zero out when you enter PE?
    • 2001 C5 Corvette (625rwhp - Procharger, LS6 heads, Torquer V2 cam)
    • 1991 Volvo 940 - 2JZGTE (600rwhp - PT6466, HKS 272 cams)

Quote Originally Posted by phuz View Post
    And then allow STFTs in open loop or no? If so, do they zero out when you enter PE?
    I never used a STFT In the OEM ecu. I've read some of the fuel trims carry over to wide open throttle. I would just disable all that stuff if your goal is to perform a fast easy trial run of lean cruise. Just test it out to see if it works for you.

Once you see it works and if you like it, you can start playing with the closed loop settings to see if you can get it to lean cruise while also having some closed loop sometimes. There is probably a way depending on the gen of ECU. Gen3 though I don't see anything immediately that stands out to me like it would do that though. But again I never tried, I don't care about closed loop narrowbands, my engine can maintain perfect a/f ratio commanded without it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtal0n View Post
    I never used a STFT In the OEM ecu. I've read some of the fuel trims carry over to wide open throttle. I would just disable all that stuff if your goal is to perform a fast easy trial run of lean cruise. Just test it out to see if it works for you.

Once you see it works and if you like it, you can start playing with the closed loop settings to see if you can get it to lean cruise while also having some closed loop sometimes. There is probably a way depending on the gen of ECU. Gen3 though I don't see anything immediately that stands out to me like it would do that though. But again I never tried, I don't care about closed loop narrowbands, my engine can maintain perfect a/f ratio commanded without it.
    Good point.
    However, rather than use the variable resistor to play with the timing, I'll most likely just ride passenger and do it via RTT. I've wanted to do this anyway as it's much quicker than drive & log -> tune -> drive & log -> tune......
    • 2001 C5 Corvette (625rwhp - Procharger, LS6 heads, Torquer V2 cam)
    • 1991 Volvo 940 - 2JZGTE (600rwhp - PT6466, HKS 272 cams)