Thread: 05 s10 5.3 with E67 ECU

Potential Tuner

05 s10 5.3 with E67 ECU

Hey everyone, hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2005 blazer ZR2 with the 5 speed NV3500 transmission and a 5.3 motor. I got the wiring and ECU from Current Performance and the ECU came with a 2007 CTS-V operating system(12609051). My issue is this: The fuel gauge has never read accurate since the day I installed everything. It never reads above 3/4 after filling up but does get more accurate as it gets closer to empty, however still off by a gallon or two when the guage reads empty. Here's what I've tried so far:
    -I swapped out the sending unit twice, just to be sure.
    -I was able to get the gauge to sweep full to empty using a Tech2 scan tool so the actual gauge is working.
    -Using HPTuners I can see that the sending unit is sending the correct voltage to the ECU for full (2.3) half (1.7) and quarter(1.4) etc. when comparing it to a print out I got from the dealership.
    I'm assuming it's a calibration issue with the ECU at this point. My question to the forum: Has anyone else with this set up from CPW ran into this issue? Does anyone have a similar set up and NOT had this issue? Does anyone know what values to change in the tune and what those values should be? I've tried messing around with it but only managed to make it worse, it wouldn't read above half when full
    I did reach out to CPW but they only told me to adjust values in the tune and I'm really hoping someone here can tell me more.
    Sorry for the long story..appreciate any and all help!

I attached the tune in case anyone can look at it and point out what I need to do5.3ZR2.hpt

Tuner in Training
    so this may sound odd but even if you have the correct about of gallons and stuff in it is possible that the senor or os is reading the float for a different shape tank its possible that the os for the other ctsv has different float levels i would just verify how many gallons you actual have and if you have like a multiplier or volt reading from the dealer make sur they match the percentage of that in the tune
    1996 5.7 vortec k1500 (4x4) 411 pcm swap ,lt4/lt1 hot cam ,1.6 rockers, mpfi upgrade, cai, long tube headers ,true dual exhaust getting ready for the turbo
    lmk if you need help with your 96-99 vortec just text my number
    email :[email protected]
    (956)784-1824

Tuner in Training
    Reduce the Sender Max % from 1.000 to something like 0.46 and start adjusting up and down from there.