Thread: Idle RPM not dropping for Jeep GC TH

Tuner in Training

Idle RPM not dropping for Jeep GC TH

v-919-rt tune.hpt

Hi all,

I'm trying to lowering the idle RPM of my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. As far as I can see I set everything but the idle will not drop under the original 752RPM. Somehow I have the impression I missed something or that some items, not yet available, are limiting the idle RPM.
    Would be great if someone can have a look.

best regards, Han

What all did you adjust in the tune, is the Torque model stock? there is another rpm based table for when vehicle is moving you could try lowering that to 680 on the low end too.. but why are you trying to lowering idle rpm?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    What all did you adjust in the tune, is the Torque model stock? there is another rpm based table for when vehicle is moving you could try lowering that to 680 on the low end too.. but why are you trying to lowering idle rpm?
    Hi,

That table I lowered to 720 but I will give it another try. Strange thing is that the RPM, when warm, does not go below 752 while this number is in none of the tables that I can find.

The reason to lower RPM in P/N and drive is that the car starts to abrupt when releasing the break. When warm I find it kind of ok but in warm-up it is more noticeable. My previous ECO diesel GC had none of this behavior.

best regards, Han

Advanced Tuner
    Its true, seems you can raise idle in TH but not lower it below 752.
    However, I idle my 426 TH at 680rpm.
    Changed every table to 680 but commanded idle stayed at 752.
    But.....
    Found that if you alter Idle/rpm/power steering table (35172) from 94 down to about 75.
    It will idle down to whatever rpm you command.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Its true, seems you can raise idle in TH but not lower it below 752.
    However, I idle my 426 TH at 680rpm.
    Changed every table to 680 but commanded idle stayed at 752.
    But.....
    Found that if you alter Idle/rpm/power steering table (35172) from 94 down to about 75.
    It will idle down to whatever rpm you command.

Oh great, that I did not see coming. I changed & programmed and will test later while warmup. Really thanks for your great info and support.

best regards, Han

Tuner in Training
    Perfect, it works really well......

Tuner
    Power steering parameter adjustment worked!
    Able to adjust the idle rpm to 704 because it wont accept 700 - 2018 Trackhawk