Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARM architecture family

Potential Tuner

ARM architecture family

Is there any road map on adding support for ARM architecture ?

My current set up is a M1 Mac, using boot camp to boot windows 10 ARM, but MPVI drivers are not supported due to not being intel x86 CPU.

V/r
    Sloppy

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Currently no eta for adding support for ARM
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by sloppy1969 View Post
    Is there any road map on adding support for ARM architecture ?

My current set up is a M1 Mac, using boot camp to boot windows 10 ARM, but MPVI drivers are not supported due to not being intel x86 CPU.

V/r
    Sloppy
    There are arm drivers available.

Potential Tuner
    Can you point me to them? I can install the ones HP tuners provides but the device is not recognized.

Are you looking for the drivers for the MVPI or the MVPI2? There are FTDI arm drivers that should work with the MVPI2, but I'll have to hunt them down again.

Quote Originally Posted by sloppy1969 View Post
    Can you point me to them? I can install the ones HP tuners provides but the device is not recognized.
    Here is the forum page with the link for the drivers.
    https://www.ftdicommunity.com/index.php?topic=753.0

Tuner in Training
    I got it working with no issues on M1 mac (parallels), but I brute forced any OS precautions...

I turned secure boot off in parallels uefi settings, system integrity on mac. I turned driver sign testing on in windows (parallels) - this is why secure boot was turned off. Also I had to move the driver files to the system32>drivers folder, then install them (not sure if there was a permissions issue).

Also I installed both FTDI drivers on the mac side and the windows side.

I can figure out exactly what you need to do if you still need it, but I mainly wanted to confirm it does work perfectly fine.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MinDseTz View Post
    I got it working with no issues on M1 mac (parallels), but I brute forced any OS precautions...

I turned secure boot off in parallels uefi settings, system integrity on mac. I turned driver sign testing on in windows (parallels) - this is why secure boot was turned off. Also I had to move the driver files to the system32>drivers folder, then install them (not sure if there was a permissions issue).

I can figure out exactly what you need to do if you still need it, but I mainly wanted to confirm it does work perfectly fine.
    Hey i was going to see if you can help me . I have installed VCM suite on windows 11 in parallels on m1 Mac and I can get the editor or scanner to even open up what am I doing wrong ? Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathan601 View Post
    Hey i was going to see if you can help me . I have installed VCM suite on windows 11 in parallels on m1 Mac and I can get the editor or scanner to even open up what am I doing wrong ? Thanks
    Same. I'm trying to move the files to System 32. bout to go get a cheap laptop

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by skyboy666 View Post
    Same. I'm trying to move the files to System 32. bout to go get a cheap laptop
    Any luck yet ?

Potential Tuner

What version of Parallels are you using? I can't get the drivers to install correctly on my M1 Mac with Parallels.

Potential Tuner

Would you mind sharing the driver files that you used so maybe we can all finally get this working on M1 Macs?

Potential Tuner
    Trying to run Windows 11 ARM on Parallels 17 (latest version) on a MacBook Pro with an M1. Not able to get VCM Scanner or Editor to open yet. Trying everything I can think of. If anyone has any information, it would be much appreciated! I'll update if I learn anything.

Potential Tuner
    Just immediately crashes with Parallels. Even tried Wine. Any help would be appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Guys sorry I never responded. I wasn't getting notifications. Is this still an issue?

The way I did it was through parallels, the FTDI beta driver works fine. I turned off driver signing in windows and software integrity in macos. I don't know if this was required, but I basically turned all checks off. Also the beta software is all that worked. The normal software gave memory allocation errors. Cyan messaged me on another platform and got it working as well. He might be able to help if I can't.

Tuner in Training
    I'm thinking about trying this out over the weekend. Any luck in Win10 so far? I don't think there would be a difference.

Potential Tuner
    I've just bought a M2 MacBook Air and just installed Parallels 18 along with Windows 11 Pro.
    The icons for VCM Scanner and Editor showed up in Windows after I installed the VCM suite but they won't open if I click on them.
    Tuner-pro RT seemed to install and open okay.
    Can anyone help with a bit of a breakdown of the steps required to install the VCM suite on a M1/M2 Mac via Parallels so it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    I've just bought a M2 MacBook Air and just installed Parallels 18 along with Windows 11 Pro.
    The icons for VCM Scanner and Editor showed up in Windows after I installed the VCM suite but they won't open if I click on them.
    Tuner-pro RT seemed to install and open okay.
    Can anyone help with a bit of a breakdown of the steps required to install the VCM suite on a M1/M2 Mac via Parallels so it works?
    You installed the beta, right?

That worked for me after running 'compatibility troubleshooter' and letting windows try different settings
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the help.
    I just installed the beta version (5) and it seems to work now. I can actually open the Editor and the Scanner, which is more than I could do before.
    Next step will be to try and connect it to a vehicle.

Just to confirm things, I uninstalled the beta version (5) and went back to the stable release (4) and it didn't work again.
    I noticed HPTuners have just released VCM Suite 5.0 so instead of the beta I installed new stable release (5) and that also works as well.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    Thanks for the help.
    I just installed the beta version (5) and it seems to work now. I can actually open the Editor and the Scanner, which is more than I could do before.
    Next step will be to try and connect it to a vehicle.

Just to confirm things, I uninstalled the beta version (5) and went back to the stable release (4) and it didn't work again.
    I noticed HPTuners have just released VCM Suite 5.0 so instead of the beta I installed new stable release (5) and that also works as well.
    The new Version 5 will open on a MAC running windows 11 via Parallels software. But I still can't get the MPVI2 to recognize. The drivers look to be installed but when I go to resync, it does nothing. In the device manager it shows the MPVI2 on com port 3. Without having a interface synced to the software I can not save a file