Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARM architecture family

Potential Tuner
    It seems to work okay for me.
    As soon as I plugged my MPVI2+ it required a firmware update, I had to update it with my old laptop (2016 MacBook Air with Bootcamp) only because it wasn't updating on my new one but after that it seemed to work and I was able to record and save a short data-log.
    I transferred my old HPT logs and config settings to the new laptop and went back out to take a proper data-log but this time it wouldn't connect.

Knowing that it had worked I was confident that I should be able to get it going again.
    After a bit of trial and error I figured out if I started up Parallels, then the VCM scanner, then plugged in the USB cord to the laptop (with MPVI2+ connected to the cable but not plugged into the vehicle) Parallels would prompt me to connect the USB device to either the Mac or to Windows.
    I would then select Windows, then select connect to the vehicle icon in the scanner, I'd get prompted that there was no vehicle connected. I'd then plug the MPVI2+ into the OBDII port, turn the key to the run position and hit connect to vehicle in the scanner. It would then connect and I could record and save data logs again.
    If I tried a different sequence when trying to get it working it wouldn't connect to the vehicle.

So at this stage it's a bit more difficult to get up and running than my old Mac but it does now work for me for scanning.
    I haven't tried to upload a tune yet.

Tuner in Training
    Here is how far I got.

I'm using a 2021 MBP 16" M1 laptop running Windows 11 Pro in Parallels (my old 2015 15" MBP is getting pretty tired). My MVPI2 is up to date with all firmware updates as of today (10-24-22).

Installing the FTDI drivers was kind of a pain but here is how I did it. I downloaded the drivers for macOS and installed them (download here not entirely sure if this was necessary, but when you download the installer be sure to place it in your /Applications folder first, then install it), and then on the Windows side I disabled driver signing (guide here and I followed the first 7 steps, not sure if this was 100% required either). I then downloaded the ARM driver folder from here (be sure to download the one under the "ARM" category). After extracting the folder, you need to place all of the files under the "Release" folder into the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

From here go back into the device manager, locate the unrecognized device "FT230X Basic Uart" and right click, then select "Update Driver". From here click "Browse my computer for drivers" then put C:\Windows\System32\drivers in the text box and click next. At this point it will install the drivers. For me I had another new unrecognized device pop up immediately afterwards, so I followed the same steps as above and at this point I now have a device called "USB Serial Port (COM3)".

So now I have no more issues with unknown devices appearing, however when using the VCM Editor or Scanner and attempt to "Resync Interface" I am told to connect a MVPI interface. I also attempted to connect the MVPI2 to my laptop via bluetooth however it was not detected when trying to add it to my laptop.

I don't have an issue opening a scan file in the Editor, but of course I cannot write or save a file due to the MVPI2 not syncing.

Hopefully this clears some driver confusion for others, and I'm hoping soon we will be able to use HPTuners to our full potential on these M1 machines in the near future. I want to retire my old MBP but can't quite yet just because of needing an Intel machine. I just wish I was able to post a 100% working solution on here rather than just solving the driver issue portion of it!
    2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 ECSB
    HP Tuned, LQ4 6.0L swapped, more to come

2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 CCSB 5.3
    The stock daily

2003 Ram 2500 QCSB 5.7
    545RFE to NV4500 Swap, More performance in the future

Tuner
    I have windows 10 thru boot camp running on my 2019 MacBook Pro with intel processor like a champ lol
    15 C7Z M7

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gstubbz View Post
    Here is how far I got.

I'm using a 2021 MBP 16" M1 laptop running Windows 11 Pro in Parallels (my old 2015 15" MBP is getting pretty tired). My MVPI2 is up to date with all firmware updates as of today (10-24-22).

Installing the FTDI drivers was kind of a pain but here is how I did it. I downloaded the drivers for macOS and installed them (download here not entirely sure if this was necessary, but when you download the installer be sure to place it in your /Applications folder first, then install it), and then on the Windows side I disabled driver signing (guide here and I followed the first 7 steps, not sure if this was 100% required either). I then downloaded the ARM driver folder from here (be sure to download the one under the "ARM" category). After extracting the folder, you need to place all of the files under the "Release" folder into the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

From here go back into the device manager, locate the unrecognized device "FT230X Basic Uart" and right click, then select "Update Driver". From here click "Browse my computer for drivers" then put C:\Windows\System32\drivers in the text box and click next. At this point it will install the drivers. For me I had another new unrecognized device pop up immediately afterwards, so I followed the same steps as above and at this point I now have a device called "USB Serial Port (COM3)".

So now I have no more issues with unknown devices appearing, however when using the VCM Editor or Scanner and attempt to "Resync Interface" I am told to connect a MVPI interface. I also attempted to connect the MVPI2 to my laptop via bluetooth however it was not detected when trying to add it to my laptop.

I don't have an issue opening a scan file in the Editor, but of course I cannot write or save a file due to the MVPI2 not syncing.

Hopefully this clears some driver confusion for others, and I'm hoping soon we will be able to use HPTuners to our full potential on these M1 machines in the near future. I want to retire my old MBP but can't quite yet just because of needing an Intel machine. I just wish I was able to post a 100% working solution on here rather than just solving the driver issue portion of it!
    I got this far, and have the same behavior. I did not turn off the OS safety features, so I don't think those are required. I also did not install the macOS drivers. Still using my old intel MBP to do my tuning, but I would really like to get this to work.

I noticed the MPVI2 does not show up as a COM port on my intel MBP, and the "USB Serial Converter" in the device manager did not have "Load VCP" ticked. I uninstalled the COM port drive, and unticked "Load VCP", which makes the device manager look the same as my intel machine - however I'm still unable to resync the interface. I'll keep thinking about it, open to other suggestions.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MinDseTz View Post
    Also I had to move the driver files to the system32>drivers folder, then install them (not sure if there was a permissions issue).
    The FTDI forum post says you must move the driver files to the C: drive of the windows machine. The downloads folder parallels uses by default is actually in the macOS file system. Moving the driver files to system32 puts them on the C: drive, or you can put them anywhere else on the C: drive and it works.

https://www.ftdicommunity.com/index.php?topic=753.0

MPVI3 might be easier as it doesn't require FTDI drivers.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Ah interesting. I was going to add the pro feature set to my MPVI2, but maybe it will make more sense to upgrade to the MPVI3. I see the trade-in program doesn't begin until December, any chance of that happening earlier?

Tuner
    I just plugged in a MPVI3 and it came right up and asked to connect to MAC or Windows. Chose windows and now the software will sync. MAC M1 Windows 11 running in Parallels.

FYI still can't get MPVI or MPVI2+ to load the drivers, so it looks like its MPVI3 from here on out.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmextreme View Post
    I just plugged in a MPVI3 and it came right up and asked to connect to MAC or Windows. Chose windows and now the software will sync. MAC M1 Windows 11 running in Parallels.

FYI still can't get MPVI or MPVI2+ to load the drivers, so it looks like its MPVI3 from here on out.
    Been able to log and tune?

Potential Tuner
    I haven't tried recently but I have been able to, scan & upload changes from my M2 MacBook Air/Parallels and MPVI2+.
    I did an electric fan upgrade on my 2001 Tahoe and needed to play around a bit in the PCM, it was all done form my M2 MacBook Air.

This isn't an option for tuning my 2003 Cobra, as only the MPVi2 supports it.

I was able to install the drivers, but the I'm still getting the "The User Interface is not Found."

Any ideas? Very frustrating.

Solved!

SOLVED: I was missing C:\Windows\syswow64\ftd2xx.dll. For whatever reason, it works now after adding this file. Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zfk88...u3q2bl5aj&dl=0
    Last edited by WesDuenkel; 10-23-2023 at 11:56 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WesDuenkel View Post
    SOLVED: I was missing C:\Windows\syswow64\ftd2xx.dll. For whatever reason, it works now after adding this file. Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zfk88...u3q2bl5aj&dl=0
    The link doesn't work. How did u finally get it working? I have everything right i believe drivers installed etc but wont read the interface. Please help lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redfox5410 View Post
    The link doesn't work. How did u finally get it working? I have everything right i believe drivers installed etc but wont read the interface. Please help lol
    Try this link: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zfk88...u3q2bl5aj&dl=0

Potential Tuner
    I Alrdy Have That Downloaded On My Pc And It Says Its Installed. But nothing.

Potential Tuner
    that link says .dll can not be preveiwed

Quote Originally Posted by Redfox5410 View Post
    that link says .dll can not be preveiwed
    Here are the driver files that I'm showing:

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 6.49.49 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 6.48.06 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 6.49.01 AM.png

Potential Tuner
    I Dont Show The Serial Converter The Last Pic. I Only Have The Com 3

Tuner in Training
    It works with MPVI2 on M2 !

1. Download CDM-v2.12.36.4-for-ARM64-Signed-Distributable
    2. Extract the folder to C:\
    3. Delete device and drivers for USB serial port and USB serial converter.
    4. Reconnect MPVI2
    5. Manually update driver for the unrecognized UART device selecting driver on my computer and check the Subfolder checkbox with the path C:\CDM-v2.12.36.4-for-ARM64-Signed-Distributable
    6. Do the same for the unrecognized Port.
    7. Copy the 2 FTD22XX files in the x86 into C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp Tuners\VCM Suite
    8. Launch VCM and Tadam !

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by QuattroTDI View Post
    It works with MPVI2 on M2 !

1. Download CDM-v2.12.36.4-for-ARM64-Signed-Distributable
    2. Extract the folder to C:\
    3. Delete device and drivers for USB serial port and USB serial converter.
    4. Reconnect MPVI2
    5. Manually update driver for the unrecognized UART device selecting driver on my computer and check the Subfolder checkbox with the path C:\CDM-v2.12.36.4-for-ARM64-Signed-Distributable
    6. Do the same for the unrecognized Port.
    7. Copy the 2 FTD22XX files in the x86 into C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp Tuners\VCM Suite
    8. Launch VCM and Tadam !
    This works! The step I was missing the whole time is #7, copying the FTD22XX and dll to the VCM suite folder. Interface instantly recognized. VCM Suite 5.0.4, Macbook pro M1, Parallels w/ Windows 11.