Thread: freshly rebuilt 6l90 concerns

Tuner in Training

freshly rebuilt 6l90 concerns

Admins please delete
    Last edited by cammedcaddy; 03-23-2022 at 07:37 PM. Reason: got the issue squared away

Tuner in Training
    No glaring issues I can see with the tune. What power level is the transmission built to hold? I only saw a couple small things, your adaptive pressures are a bit higher than normal. The shift timing for 3-4 is decently quick even at low torque. You resetting the adapts is just going to reset learning, putting you at step 1 again. You'll need to put some miles/shifts through the transmission for it to learn.
    09 G8 GT - Forged L76 6.0 - K1 crank, K1 H-beams, Diamond pistons, BTR PDS 3, BTR .660 kit, stock LSA w/ZL1 re-enforced lid, 2.45 upper, 4" intake w/ LS7 MAF, Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes, Kooks 3" x pipe, Corsa axleback, ID1050x w/ ZR1 rail, CTSV V2 pump, Vaporworx PWM controller, Circle D Lvl 3 6l80 w/ FTI triple disc

Engine assembled by Nickens Brothers, everything else built, assembled and tuned by me.

Senior Tuner
    A clean log of the problems would be nice.

Senior Tuner
    These channels in addition to what you are already logging

Trans Fluid Temp
    Trans Engine Torque *
    PRNDL Status
    Trans Shift Mode
    Trans Current Gear
    TCC Slip *
    TCC Line Pressure *
    Trans Torque Management Type
    Trans Speed Control Torque Management
    Time of Latest Shift
    PCS 1 Cmd Pressure
    PCS 2 Cmd Pressure
    PCS 3 Cmd Pressure
    PCS 4 Cmd Pressure
    PCS 5 Cmd Pressure
    Trans Slip RPM *
    Trans Input Shaft RPM *
    Trans Output Shaft RPM *

ETC Torque Management Type
    Spark Torque Management Type
    Fuel Cut Torque Management Type

*Please check / set polling interval to 50Hz

Senior Tuner
    [QUOTE=cammedcaddy;681559It was street and track tuned. Best time was a 9.94 with a 1.42 60ft at 140 mph with a broken low gear sprag lol[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with that.

Wallace Racing HP calculator says your 140mph run at 4400LBs? puts you around 850rwhp and lots of torques.

3 logs would be real handy.

Gentle cruising with a bit of open road cruise control, a 4th gear hit with TCC locked, then a WOT 3-4 shift with TCC unlocked

Tuner in Training
    How can I lock and unlock the tc for logs?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cammedcaddy View Post
    It's raining here in the states but when I get a chance I will update! Thank you for the assistance so far!
    my car weighs 4510 with me in it

Senior Tuner
    Use the scanner special functions. Looks like a power button on the top icon bar. Trans -> TCC -> Lock / Unlock buttons.

Easier if you can have a friend with you as you need to reach over and activate while driving. Make sure to turn off LOCK when finished otherwise the engine will stall when you stop.

Senior Tuner
    When you re-built your trans did you put the wave plates back in?

I'm very far from an expert but I have read about a lot of dramas been caused when wave plates are left out to install an extra clutch. Also problems coming from the pressure pad filter screens in the valve body not been cleaned properly after rebuild from a trans failure.

As it stands the 6L90 with the 6 bolt converter is good for around 1000hp as proven by many a Holden here in Australia taking these things down the strip into the 9's.

Senior Tuner
    Wicked, will take a look. Have you got the stock trans tune you could upload as well?

Tuner in Training
    unfortunately i do not. the vehicle was tuned prior to be buying it so im assuming my tuner went off that? not sure.

Senior Tuner
    Your cruise stumble shows AC torque management kicking in. Is that plausible from your what you feel? There is also a little bit of TCC slip on the cruise so that might show up through the drivers seat as well...

With regards to WOT, you have plenty of pressure, reporting 1500Nm torque lol, definitely an over report there, EQ Ratio torque has been raised approx. 5%, you could drop that back to stock without any ill effects if you wanted to. Trans is not slipping, good. Would be nice to see a 3-4 WOT shift just to check that out for extra piece of mind. Only shit thing is the weird rpm bites after you get out of the WOT pulls. I don't know what is going on there...

Some things for you to try. Your trans OS is the same as mine. Note, this tune will be a lot softer than what you have in there now. It may not be to your taste and may also cost you a 10th or 2 down the 1/4. Its pretty much gone back to stock with a few tweaks. I think its important that first you establish a simple baseline that is reliable, based off stock and shows all the right things in the logs. Then from there, start moving towards the 1/4 mile neck breaker tyre chirper tune. Please reset / preset the adapts engine off key on and take a for a couple of drive cycles.

Tuner in Training
    it very well could be im just not sure, im thinking its converter slip. but ill try your inputs and see how it goes.

Senior Tuner
    The slip tables weren't 0'd out. I have done that in the new tune and also adjusted your desired pressure so that should keep it locked up nicely with throttle transitions but still retain a soft initial lock.

Tuner in Training
    oh ok , i actually went in and changed those to zero after watching some youtube videos on some issues. i just reverted back after installing a blue cat tool revision due to now knowing if it was safe or not.

Senior Tuner
    Cool, attach that log dude.

Give me feedback, is it lazy / peppy, shifts to early / late, shifts to soft / firm etc.

There is some easy stuff I can show you that will get you going in the right direction on your own once I know what trans personality you're chasing?