Thread: 17 SS w/Maggie tuning issues

Tuner in Training

Unhappy 17 SS w/Maggie tuning issues

I 'm a nube on this tuning thing been watching a lot of vids an an forums B4 I started trying tune, got the courage to do my own but progress sucks. Started with base tune to add in Fuel with a lil spark, go nothing, tried 3 days then said I'll get a stock ZL1 tune an use some tables cause I now have a LT1 stock short block, texas speed stage 2, LT4 pump an injectors, lash.80, E85, CnC'd ported heads an a Mag2650 with a roto..

so.. I put the ZL1 tables over(min spark final ,base ,crank VE, High octane, an map.. so.. I got a choke cough.. here an there rose the spark a lil ,got a lil better.. WB kept showing lean so I up the maf an a lil more spark, now I'm all over the place takes a while to start but it does after2-3trys an idles. hit gas an it's done an pops out exhaust on trying to use pedal, just lost, I cant tune maf or SD till I get an Idle with pedal.. need a lil direction would help! actully at this point anything would!!
    thanks
    #STUMPED!!

Start over with your stock tune. Blindly adding fuel and timing is not how you tune gen V stuff.

Copy over the LT4 injector and pump data from the ZL1 tune.

If you have a different map sensor you need to input the proper data for that.

If you have a 5" Roto-Fab Big Gulp you need to scale the maf curve up 25% to start. If it's a standard 4" Roto-Fab start with the stock maf data.

You'll need to change the stoic table based on flex fuel or just straight e85. If running a flex sensor, you need to turn on the appropriate flags to enable flex fuel.

Start by pulling 30% out of the vve table from 90kpa down and 1400 rpm down.

Add 200 rpm to the idle tables.

Tuner in Training
    I copied over maybe more than I should ...

Honeslty the ZL1 file is not a good start… compression, timing, fuel, operating system, etc I would not use. The system needs to be tuned…
    Putting a ZL1 spark table in a 11.5CR Lt1 engine is a good way to hurt it

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Agree with Ben. Only part of ZL1 file you should use is LT4 injector & HPFP data. Learning to tune Gen V engines on a boosted LT1 short block is not a good way to go IMO. Hook up with a pro like Ben and let the pro get you underway. You’ll be able to make tweaks and minor adjustments as your learn and your build grows, but you’ll be in a much safer place to start. Your car will run infinitely better and much lower odds of nuking the short block.
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

Tuner in Training
    I'll hit'um up Thanks!