Thread: Learning how to tune a trans

Tuner

Learning how to tune a trans

So i have completely lost contact with my tuner. He is no longer responding to my messages. Tune wasn't good anyways. Anytime i log i can see that i am misfiring on all 8 and i have no idea what i'm looking at so i don't know how to fix it. But, I am wanting to learn how and try to resolve these issues myself. The reason I got HPT was to learn how to make changes on the fly when it was needed. But my main concern is trans tuning. Does anyone have any guidance for the 10L80 with a Circle D 3600 stall?

I have tried to get him to send me my trans tune, but no response. And unfortunately its unreadable. So what are the basics of tuning one of these transmissions? Any good videos i can refer to for tuning my trans?

BTW Car is 2019 Camaro SS, D1X Procharger, BTR Stage 3 S/C Cam, TSP Piston/Rod combo, Circle D 3600 Stall.

you can download a stock tune file and only flash the transmission section. start over with basics and go from there. dont have any experience with stuff that new personally

just realized u said it was unreadable which i assume is tuner locked. seems you would have to start comletely over as i dont know if since its locked you wouldnt be able to just flash trans section. and if you are misfiring on all 8 id be more concerened about fixing that than trans...may be a needed trip to a local tuner shop.

Potential Tuner
    Missfires are normal with a cam most of the time we max out misfire tables, can do crazy things with the tcc lock unlock or setting driveline/missfire codes

Quote Originally Posted by Fullsendc6 View Post
    Missfires are normal with a cam most of the time we max out misfire tables, can do crazy things with the tcc lock unlock or setting driveline/missfire codes
    Me personally, I don't like to 32k misfire tables. OK for idle tables but I like to retain some misfire diagnostics for when you have a real mechanical issue that can assist in finding what has failed.