Thread: Nag1 Shift firmness tune finally mastered

Tuner in Training thebrickbandit's Avatar

Nag1 Shift firmness tune finally mastered

after countless weeks ive finally created and awesome tune for a stock NAG1 trans. If interested send me a PM!
    2010 Charger SRT8
    CAI
    CATBACK
    TUNED
    12.80s on street tires Full Weight

Potential Tuner
    Any chance of sharing? I sent you a PM.

How about a video ride along to see it in action? O, and an email with tune to look over.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Tuner in Training
    This is what I ended up with for my car (actually the wife's car). Some settings were based on a stock SRT8 NAG1 file, pressures upped to SRT8 settings, and the shift torque reduction was turned up to quicken the shifts and gives a nice pop for WOT shifts, some small TCC changes. Was going for a stock+ type of feel where its pretty tame unless you're WOT, definitely wasn't aiming for tire chirping shifts. Cleaned up the shifts very nicely without being too much.

Several friends or family have driven her car and asked for that tune on theirs as well. Have run variations of this tune on a few cars for a quite a long time and everyone has enjoyed it.

Here it is if anyone wants to give it a look.
    Don't miss table ECM 44681 (Engine > Spark > Advance > Minimum Spark Torque Reduction), it will not feel right with this table stock.
    Also needs TCM 46850, Max Allowed Torque Reduction During Upshift.
    Charger Pursuit SRT8 spark, tuned trans.hpt

Potential Tuner

Post Adjust Tune For 3.6L models?

I have opened the file in Hptuners, unfortunately I do not have any licenses so I can not save changes to the file. I was wondering if you had made a trans tune for vehicles with the 3.6L Pentastar motor. My only concern is if I load this current tune into my 2011 300, will I have issues since the ECM settings are for the 5.7L hemi? If I am able to load this tune for just the trans portion please let me know how since I can load tunes using my diablosport programmer. I don't know much about tuning so any pointers will help me.

Quote Originally Posted by austinfurrer View Post
    I have opened the file in Hptuners, unfortunately I do not have any licenses so I can not save changes to the file. I was wondering if you had made a trans tune for vehicles with the 3.6L Pentastar motor. My only concern is if I load this current tune into my 2011 300, will I have issues since the ECM settings are for the 5.7L hemi? If I am able to load this tune for just the trans portion please let me know how since I can load tunes using my diablosport programmer. I don't know much about tuning so any pointers will help me.
    You can not load a different calibration from another vehicle to your, it a good way to Brick the PCM/TCM. you need to do a new read of your vehicle then make your adjustments to that file.

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by N2speed View Post
    You can not load a different calibration from another vehicle to your, it a good way to Brick the PCM/TCM. you need to do a new read of your vehicle then make your adjustments to that file.

This is correct. You can open the file in VCM along with your current tune from the vehicle and do a compare and then make the adjustments.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiron View Post
    This is what I ended up with for my car (actually the wife's car). Some settings were based on a stock SRT8 NAG1 file, pressures upped to SRT8 settings, and the shift torque reduction was turned up to quicken the shifts and gives a nice pop for WOT shifts, some small TCC changes. Was going for a stock+ type of feel where its pretty tame unless you're WOT, definitely wasn't aiming for tire chirping shifts. Cleaned up the shifts very nicely without being too much.

Several friends or family have driven her car and asked for that tune on theirs as well. Have run variations of this tune on a few cars for a quite a long time and everyone has enjoyed it.

Here it is if anyone wants to give it a look.
    Don't miss table ECM 44681 (Engine > Spark > Advance > Minimum Spark Torque Reduction), it will not feel right with this table stock.
    Also needs TCM 46850, Max Allowed Torque Reduction During Upshift.
    Charger Pursuit SRT8 spark, tuned trans.hpt
    i see a lot of tuners disabling (auto trans tqmgt> USE SPARK+USE FSO+ USE ETC) in the Engine Tune File. now my question is does this completely disable torque management? do you guys keep this on?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain052 View Post
    i see a lot of tuners disabling (auto trans tqmgt> USE SPARK+USE FSO+ USE ETC) in the Engine Tune File. now my question is does this completely disable torque management? do you guys keep this on?
    How long do you expect your transmission to last?
    In case the answers is "as long as possible", then, do not disable it.

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785

I always go step by step.
    I ended up with disabling spark and other things, because it will never shift without power loss and takes to long to get back in power range, if throttle shuts too much or spark is down.
    Nothing feels wrong by doing this, it should be more harder, but won?t.
    And if I?m wrong, I put a new tranny in?everyone?s own choice?.

For everyone, who is not afraid, here is mine...
    Thats, what I feel...and its not too hard...

AC_Clutch_nochauf.hpt
    Last edited by f.creek-ranch; 11-27-2023 at 02:41 PM.

Tuner
    It is not related of being brave or not afraid... it just the matter of lifetime.

if there is no torque management, tranny lifetime will decrease. You may (or someone else) ask: How much of a decrease? Answer: That depends on Engine torque, pressures, shift rpm and how aggressive the vehicle is being driven.

Cheers!

Oil change every 20t miles, extra oil cooler.
    Helps a little bit.

I got the feeling the nag1 can not be tuned too hard, maybe the hardware won’t let.

When I think of the 6L80, wich is a beast….