Thread: Feature Request: DrawText with Multiple Fonts and Transparency

Advanced Tuner

Lightbulb Feature Request: DrawText with Multiple Fonts and Transparency

Would it be possible to update the Enhanced Object Script Editor's DrawText/DrawNumber functions to include a Font option (with bold/italics/underline) similar to how Colors are defined? It would be helpful to be able to select multiple different fonts within a single Display Object.

Similarly, would it be possible to add a Transparency option for Colors? Something similar to the BlendColors function would let me combine several objects where I use a transparent background but then use the exact same code (minus the background) to draw text and headers which are not transparent. This might be more difficult depending on the implementation of the Transparency for the overall Display Object.

Potential Tuner
    Has not taken me more than 20 minutes to discover you are a bit of an expert @Hobobob. Is this the best way to make feature requests - post in the forum? That auto data sync using GPS time stamp would be a feature I would think could be quite useful to folks as well.

Advanced Tuner
    I think this is generally the best place to request them. It's been a while since I've seen Weston post on here, but he does pop-up every so often.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ldavies View Post
    Has not taken me more than 20 minutes to discover you are a bit of an expert @Hobobob. Is this the best way to make feature requests - post in the forum?
    Emails don`t get replied to anymore. I shared repeatable bugs along with feature requests many months ago, never heard anything.

Years ago Weston was really keen to improve the software and added features frequently. I don't think there has been a new version released for ages.

Most of the requests can be manually worked around, but some are just not possible. My personal ongoing frustration that I've had for ages is the size / position out of 100 instead of an option to move by pixels. You can't position boxes / gauges accurately enough.