Thread: Instant Limp Mode 3600 Stall

Tuner in Training

Instant Limp Mode 3600 Stall

All,

Just got a 3600 Circle D installed on my 8HP70 17 Challenger RT. My initial trans tune was setup prior to the install and my tuner is now unavailable to tweak Attached is that tune. Unfortunately I make it about 50 feet before codes are thrown & the chally goes into limp mode. Willing to try anything to at least be able to get to the point to make adjustments. Anyone have a base to even start with???

C-Dogg
    Attached Files Attached Files

How long was that tune working normally with the stock convertor?

Exactly what codes are you getting?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry I just loaded up my original trans tune and gave up on the tune after not hearing any ideas. I do appreciate the response. My issue now is a bit choppy at stop lights and Auto goes thru gears really fast like 4th at 30 MPH so I just put it in manual mode till I figure out tuning auto shit points. I may have to do the relearn that was suggest as well. Again I do appreciate you taking the time to look into it!.

Potential Tuner
    I was told by a competition converter maker (Dice Converters) that you cannot go beyond 3200 stall or it confuses the computer. That was for my 2014 Challenger, not sure about later models.

Tuner in Training
    I honestly do not know the recommended but I got the 3600 to paid with the stage 3 cam. All were suggested upgrades and they are installed so I am going to figure things out with the current setup. I have figured out that if I manually shift all is good its just the auto shifting that needs adjustment:

1st gear 0-14 MPH, 2ND 15-20, 3RD 21-23, 4TH 24-30, 5TH 31-39, 6TH 4+ not great but if I step on it WOT I was doing 75 in 3RD and shifted into 4TH at about 6K so there is potential

Advanced Tuner
    This is not true. Ive run 3800 in nag 1 cars with zero issue and 4000 in 8hp vehicles with no issue

Tuner in Training
    That is good to hear PatDragRacer had me very worried! any suggestions on my auto shifting issue? I don't mind doing the research on what to change my guess is Main Torque Intervention Normal under Torque management upshift but thats just from what I have read so far.

attach your stock tcu file. What rpm do you want to shift at? your v3 file looks like it was setup to shift around 4550 rpm from 1-2 then 5500ish -5800 as the gears increase.

Last edited by bb-tt; 04-04-2022 at 03:47 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I think I am ok with those shift points as long as there is no limp mode like with V3. Thanks for taking the time!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I did a compare on the 2 files and the shift pattern 3,8,27 appear to be the same values.

Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    This is not true. Ive run 3800 in nag 1 cars with zero issue and 4000 in 8hp vehicles with no issue
    Same in a 8HP
    Works fine even on a Stock tune. Stock TCM tune isn't recommended but I ran it initially without any issues

Tuner in Training
    Circle D