Thread: Idle Afr Swings

Idle Afr Swings

Cant get this truck Im working on to maintain a solid idle afr. Get the afr nailed using rtt then load the new tune and fire it up. Then it idles super lean like 16.5 then I go drive it and come back and its idling at 13.0 Any thoughts? storck c10 3bar 7.hpt

Gotta give us more than that.

What is the full setup and parts used?

That VE is a mess and those timing tables aren't the best looking either.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    What cam is in it? Is your fuel pressure set correctly? No engine is ever going to have VE values lower than 50% in the idle and cruise areas. Set your High RPM Disable to 12000 rpm in the Dynamic tab.

Setup is a 4.8, btr stage 2 truck cam, boost reference regulator base at 43psi, genuine bosch 1000cc injectors from sep, s475/83, 4l80e. The ve table is jacked I know but thats what it shows it wants using afr error hystograms.

VE tables don't look like that unless you use bad data. Either the histogram is set up wrong, or something is feeding the histogram fake data.

I use the same 3 bar afr error histogram on other stuff and it seems to be fine on all of them. I can try to remake the graph and see what it does differently.