Thread: Bluetooth refresh rate?

Tuner in Training

Bluetooth refresh rate?

Is there a way to change the rate data is gathered when datalogging via bluetooth?

ive noticed certain datapoints that used to pull data 60 times a second wired in with a cable, now seem to pull data once every 2 seconds or so, make the data pretty worthless

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunately not, bluetooth scanning has its limitations, mainly speed. Use a wired connection for best results.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Unfortunately not, bluetooth scanning has its limitations, mainly speed. Use a wired connection for best results.
    Bill, Is there a speed difference with the standalone datalogging as well versus a wired connection? I've noticed that when I used my wired MPVI, almost all of the PIDs would update super fast. With standalone MPVI2 datalogging, some of the PIDs refresh every 0.5-1 seconds (Engine Torque, Turbo Airmass, etc) while some refresh just as quickly as before. I tried reducing the number of PIDs/channels but it didn't seem to do anything. I made sure to select direct memory channels as well to no avail.

Nevermind, did my own test. Standalone is worthless for data refresh. Direct connection via USB-C is the way to go, almost real-time data. I had been using standalone for over a year and thought it was an issue with my ECU or something.

Advanced Tuner
    They may have updated firmware on beta builds to help with standalone logging speeds. Helped with mine quite a bit. May not be quite as fast as PC/wired, but may get you to a point where it's a viable option and not have to lug around the laptop.

I'm running the latest beta and the latest firmware, the standalone speed just pales in comparison to a direct link for a lot of the important PIDs/channels. Some of them like Engine RPM and vehicle speed update about as fast as a direct link. But with others like turbo airflow, it's almost real-time with a direct link. And standalone is like 1 read every 0.7 seconds.