Thread: 2007 5.3 dod

Potential Tuner

2007 5.3 dod

I am doing a dod delete on my 2007 Tahoe 5.3 I will be replacing my valve springs with BTR .560" BEEHIVE VALVE SPRINGS and a BTR GEN III & IV TRUCK CAM - STAGE 2 SPECS: 212/218 .553/.553 111+0 everything else is stock I know I have to tune out the DOD but will I have other problems or will it run ok

It will still need a tune to cover the rest of the stuff. Idle, airflow, fueling all need to be gone over when doing a camshaft.

Starting it and running it on just the DoD delete will be fine but will need lots more work after that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    We have done a dod delete a few times and works fine with those chevy 5.3s

Potential Tuner
    I just did a DoD delete on my 2007 Tahoe 5.3 with the exact same cam! (with other bolt-ons... intake, headers, exhaust)
    It will start on the stock tune, but the idle will hunt a little after the startup RPM drops. Almost to the point it'll sound like it's about to die, but it doesn't.
    I do get some lean codes from the ECM, but I still haven't tweaked anything other than the DoD delete yet.
    I'm still working on the tuning, and haven't taken it for it's first road test yet. So I can't give you any real pointers on dialing it in yet (still a noob myself).