Thread: 2010 545rfe torque converter tuning question

Advanced Tuner

2010 545rfe torque converter tuning question

Hi, I'm trying to restrict the torque converter from locking up in 2nd and 3rd gear under any circumstances, part throttle or wot.

Also in the 'Unlock' tab, do I make the TCC Release Threshold a lower rpm at heavier throttle positions?

So if it does lock-up, I can command a low rpm that it will always be above, so at 45% tps for example or greater, it will be unlocked above the rpm I set as long as tps is above 45%? My understanding of this quickly so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Like so, is this correct at least as far as the 'Unlock' section?

I also see 'Unlock to Partial lock,' 'Partial to Full Lock,' 'Full to Partial Lock.'

Advanced Tuner
    I see the 'Unlock to Partial Lock' and 'Unlock to Full Lock' tables have an "Apply Threshold" verus the 'Unlock' tables having a "Release Threshold."

So is this saying below 3200 rpm the TCC will apply/lock? Or lock above 3200 rpm?

Potential Tuner
    I tuned out my tcc lockup in those gears as well. Just maxed out all lock tables, i think there were about 6 for every gear? I left the unlock tables alone just in case it would lockup. I only have lockup in overdrive now. Anybody know why there are so many tables for each gear and what each one means?