Thread: L86 -> LT4 injector tuning.

Tuner in Training

L86 -> LT4 injector tuning.

I ordered a new set of lt4 injectors for my 17 l86 (fbo,cam). Haven't got the lt4 hpfp yet. How can I get the truck running on the lt4 injectors? Is it just a matter of changing and rescaling all the tables under the fuel tab to match a factory lt4 equipped vehicle but leaving anything related to the high pressure side alone?

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Tuner in Training
    I used the Linginfelter injector calibration files as a template for which LT4 injector tables to copy over.

Be aware there's a HPFP pressure difference too, which affects certain tables, unless you end up carrying that over too.

https://www.lingenfelter.com/Calibra...730126927.html

Advanced Tuner
    copy/paste injector profile from LT4 vehicle
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces_0 View Post
    I used the Linginfelter injector calibration files as a template for which LT4 injector tables to copy over.

Be aware there's a HPFP pressure difference too, which affects certain tables, unless you end up carrying that over too.

https://www.lingenfelter.com/Calibra...730126927.html

That's what I was confused about. Logic would tell me to copy/paste everything from an lt4 tune under "injector control" including axis that don't match. But leaving everything high pressure related (fuel system/fuel pressure tab) alone since I'm sticking with the l86 hpfp for now.

Tuner in Training
    Any insight?

Tuner in Training
    Ended up getting an lt4 HPFP as well. Copied everything over from a ZL1 file that logically made sense. Anyone care to look over the changes I made for the injectors/hpfp?

tylerfrost_17silveradocam_lt4fuel_nk.hpt
    stockfuel.hpt

Tuner in Training
    List of changes made

fuelcap1.PNG
    fuelcap2.PNG

Tuner
    which LT4 injectors did you get? there are three part numbers....flow related (low, nominal and high flow)

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Estep40511 View Post
    which LT4 injectors did you get? there are three part numbers....flow related (low, nominal and high flow)
    19420334 is the part number I ordered. I believe they're nominal flow rating.

Tuner in Training
    id be willing to paypal someone whose done LT1/L86 fuel system to LT4 a few bucks to double check my changes. Dont want anything wacky on first start up