Thread: EcoBoost DI Patch

EcoBoost DI Patch

I tried doing a search but didn't see anything. I see under "OS" that there's an EcoBoost DI Patch where it removes the SOI clip.

Is anyone running this patch? If so, have you noticed anything different?

Looked at that last night, kinda scared me about the bricking your PCM part though, LOL. Wonder what we would gain with it though.

Potential Tuner
    I have been running it for awhile but I am not thinking it is working as no changes seem to be happening when commanding changes to SOI or EOI. Good chance I am doing it wrong but I would suspect some difference in values one way or another. That being said, there wasnt any ECM bricking danger that I could tell. Battery was charged up, the rest of the directions were followed, flashed like normal.

Advanced Tuner
    You won’t see a change in Eoi, as that’s not where the limit occurs. To see the effects you’d have to set 1-shot intake to like 340 and run the rpm up pretty high. If it stays at 340 then the patch worked.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    You won’t see a change in Eoi, as that’s not where the limit occurs. To see the effects you’d have to set 1-shot intake to like 340 and run the rpm up pretty high. If it stays at 340 then the patch worked.
    So what are the reasons why someone would want to apply the patch?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    So what are the reasons why someone would want to apply the patch?
    If you are gdi injector-limited (as opposed to pump limited) then you might want to increase 1-shot intake soi to widen the window a tad. But at high rpm the soi “hidden limit” starts creeping in. At 7500 rpm, you can’t even maintain 330. The counter argument is there are research papers that show that Soi before 330 begins losing all the benefit of gdi to begin with since you are just spraying fuel directly onto the piston. The benefits will be minimal, for sure.

Looks like my 2.7 stock setup is 335 at 6000 RPM for the 1-shot intake SOI. I don't rev it over 6200 RPM as there's no real need.

Without applying the patch, I can only log DI Start of Injection Angle. I see that at WOT, it's pretty much static at 275*. I can never get my camshaft/crankshaft angles straight... So is this good or bad?