Thread: Help with a VVE tune.

Tuner in Training

Help with a VVE tune.

I am working on getting my VVE table tuned, at least in the driving area. Breaking in a cam so no WOT yet (227/232 613/596 114LS). Maybe I am missing something but my idle area is super rich while everything else is starting to fall in place. What am I missing here? Do I need to adjust something in the idle to get it lean out before tuning VVE? Attached are my logs and tune.

Car is an 07 vette with LS2
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    You have more airflow at 750 than you do at 1000 and 1250 in your VVE table. And almost as high as 1500. Do you have it that high intentionally? That will for sure fatten up your idle. Id highlight your zone 2 and 3 cells and take them down about 10% before trying anything more else.

Tuner in Training
    Also, either turn off your adaptive idle by setting the delay to 400, or log your PID for Idle Adapt Advance. Your spark is going up and down by 10 degrees at idle but we cant see why, which tells us that either your airflow or your idle spark is off quite a bit. Idle spark looks a tad high for that cam, but not too bad. Turn adaptive idle back on once you have your airflow dialed in. That way you can see it under rev or over rev and its easier to make adjustments till it idles on its own with no help.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you sir. This is my first attempt at tuning VE with the zones. I am chasing my tail pretty bad due to lack of experience and not smoothing my table correctly. I just did anther slow drive around the backroads and I think I am getting closer. Still have a lot of work to do though. I'll log the idle PIDs on my next logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2007 Corvette LS2 M6 1 3/4 headers cam motion titan4 (227/232 613/596 113LS) Borla S-Type axle back