Thread: Speed limiters in stock file dont seem right?

Tuner in Training

Speed limiters in stock file dont seem right?

I pulled the stock file from my 2007 Pontiac G5 2.2l and these numbers in the speed limiter options dont seem right at all. I'm sure these cars speed cut at 107mph which is what is listed in the box labelled 'Speed Limit Comm Fail'. Can someone clarify this for me?

Screenshot 2022-03-30 190938.png

I can see you are changing things in the calibration in the screenshot provided. Is the source set to Calibration or GMLAN on the tune that is currently in the car? If it is GMLAN it is not looking at these numbers.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sith View Post
    I can see you are changing things in the calibration in the screenshot provided. Is the source set to Calibration or GMLAN on the tune that is currently in the car? If it is GMLAN it is not looking at these numbers.
    I'm not sure, when I opened the file from the car (its stock) should hpt automatically select the current source?

Ok, I wasn't sure if you had changed it but that is good. Have you taken the car to 107 mph and verified it cuts out at 107? If it does, I would change the 107 to 115 and see if it cuts out at 115 to verify that where the limit is coming in.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Sith View Post
    Ok, I wasn't sure if you had changed it but that is good. Have you taken the car to 107 mph and verified it cuts out at 107? If it does, I would change the 107 to 115 and see if it cuts out at 115 to verify that where the limit is coming in.
    I haven't taken it up to that speed. Between the alignment and the ruts in the highway I'll be staring up a tree lol. I might put it on jack stands to test.

If you are not going to use it at that speed, what is the concern for changing it?