Thread: New to this tuning.

Tuner in Training

New to this tuning.

Hey y'all new here so go easy on me. Currently tuning a 2007 crown Vic 4.6 2 valve. So far all I have done is give it 10? of timing but on a cold start I get about 1900rpm it does calm down after about I dunno 15 seconds . I'm thinking my timing is to high in certain spots . I'm not at home at the moment to upload the tune.

Advanced Tuner
    you want to stable the idle control you can set the top 2 rows on the borderline knock & MBT table t0 25*

Tuner in Training
    Awesome thank you. I figured it was something like that. Thanks again I look forward to more tuning !

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes26977 View Post
    Awesome thank you. I figured it was something like that. Thanks again I look forward to more tuning !
    During cold start the engine will start and the rpm will be elevated until either the fueling or the timer is meet and then the RPM will decrease. Startup idler Adders, Idle adders for ECT, Idle adders for IAT there a general and that not including Idle air and Dashpot which are also part of the Idle function. You dont need to mess with Idle Air or Dashpot.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I took the timing down in the first 2 rows it is much better now. Thanks again.