Thread: Common tune changes for a 1000XP?

Advanced Tuner

Common tune changes for a 1000XP?

2018 XP4 1000 6in portals, 36in tires, Full Assassins clutch
    I can guess a 1000XP will not gain what a turbo RZR would from a tune, but just curious any insight anyone can give on some recommended/common changes.

Spark - Going off the 1.5deg per 1 octane point raised. Going form 87 to 91 and rounding to 3deg added to the entire table as a good starter.
    Speedo calibration - Adjust to portals and tires
    RPM Limits - from stock 8750 to 9250
    Speed limits - took from stock 68 to 90
    Fans On/Off - dropped 5deg, figuring stock thermostat is probably opening at least 5deg early too by now anyway.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can't really just add 3 degree across the whole board as an measurement value. Doing so assumes the timing was dead on. With the MBT its impossible to really make adjustments here without seeing a dyno pull to know the max torque rpm an engine load from what Im gathering. I've spent alot of time trying to research this an basically ran into a brick wall trying to find out when MBT takes over base timing. Did you do any scans to see what you were getting timing commanded compared to base timing table? Another issue you gotta be careful with is there is no knock sensor on these non boosted engines "or atleast my PRO XP has a sensor" to make adjustments for knock. Trust me I'm far from expert on this though just years of LS tuning an now trying to teach my old brain new tricks

Advanced Tuner
    I hear you RIP1976. I agree a global +3deg is not optimal even for a starting point, but just something to try at this point. Honestly most of my focus is still on fine tuning my cammed GenV truck, so this is just when I want a break from that and doing something else lol. Just started putting some thoughts to it is really as far as I have gone.

I believe you are correct that the knock sensors are mostly equipped on the turbos.

The fueling is something else that is little odd where HP uses lambda Dynojet still uses AFR. Also the fueling table is very narrow in the way polaris put the calibrations in. I've been trying for almost a week just to get the reading of the O2 sensor "Non turbo narrow" to show up in channels an still havent gotten it yet an I'm wondering how to get the WB in my pro xp to work with the scanner also for error ratio

Advanced Tuner
    just a lil advice ...im begin to tune this new plataforms and comm AFR is not always the good one the component overtemp is take it more often that commanded at least on the 16 turbo that i did ...i thought it was waaay lean for a turbo app but running and the overtemp component kicks in and take it from a 13.5AFR at wot to something more boost friendly like 11.0AFR take a look on those tables too just my two cents
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

dlc_racing can you possibly post a pic of the location the table your describing I'm not seeing it.

Potential Tuner
    I see component overtemp lambda. But that just takes it down to .922. It should be around .82 for a afr target of 12:1. Is this correct. It does seem that they are running lean at wot. I wouldn?t mind lean cruise though saves fuel. This is all new to me too as I?m used to tuning fords

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Drfter1 View Post
    I see component overtemp lambda. But that just takes it down to .922. It should be around .82 for a afr target of 12:1. Is this correct. It does seem that they are running lean at wot. I wouldn?t mind lean cruise though saves fuel. This is all new to me too as I?m used to tuning fords
    they run lean at wot with the stock CAL ... i put a wideband and it runs 12.2-12.4 at wot ...12PSI ima lil concern about that but with 24 degrees of total timing ....im like soo many trying to teach my brain to do things diferent that the LS and the coyotes im use to this litle cars run very diferent that the big engines of the trucks and cars i tune LOL
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

Tuner in Training
    Did these changes allow you to raise your speed and rpm limit?