Thread: Assistance with weak acceleration/torque seems at all RPM ranges

Potential Tuner

Assistance with weak acceleration/torque seems at all RPM ranges

Hi,

2011 Camaro 2ss, LS3 (swapped out l99), 6l80E, Stage 4 CAM, Ported Heads, CAI, Long header, SummitPro TC 3200 stall (single), 4.10 ring and pinion gear, 29.3 tire size rear, everything else is stock.

This was originally a Mail order tune.

Issue: acceleration bogs engine down anything above a very slow and steady acceleration. I cant really get on the throttle. Overall issue seems to occur regardless of RPM. Lastly, transmission will creep up to trans idle overheat.

I have attached my tune and a log of general info. I do not have wideband. I am happy to log more useful information for any of you experts I would just need some guidance how to set up what you need to complete the picture i.e. PiD.

Anyways before committing to a full blown I figured I'd throw it out there to see if you guys and gals can discern what might be wrong, suggestions, to get my car accelerating normally.
    Attachment 118913Attachment 118914
    Thanks in advance.

Diagnose and repair the code P0442 - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (small leak) (Current)

You are not logging close enough to see a full picture. Load this channels list up and get a log of start up and idle for 2-3 minutes and then go for the same drive as you did last time, when you get home let car idle for another 2-3 minutes to capture some data. Post that log and along with the tune that is in the car currently.

You WILL need a wideband to get WOT fueling accurate
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2017 Crew Short 4x4 - 575hp/581trq at the tire
    2017 C7 GS 3LT - All stock for now, waiting impatiently for shop time to install parts

Whoever is offering a mail order tune for a combo like that shouldn't be doing business. It's impossible to predict all the changes that a vehicle will require.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MakesBadDecisions View Post
    Diagnose and repair the code P0442 - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (small leak) (Current)

You are not logging close enough to see a full picture. Load this channels list up and get a log of start up and idle for 2-3 minutes and then go for the same drive as you did last time, when you get home let car idle for another 2-3 minutes to capture some data. Post that log and along with the tune that is in the car currently.

Thanks for your help. Will do today or tomorrow.

Potential Tuner

Follow up question

Quote Originally Posted by MakesBadDecisions View Post

How do i load your xml file into scanner?

save the .xml file to the This PC/Documents/HP Tuners/VCM Scanner/Channel Configs folder.
    2017 Crew Short 4x4 - 575hp/581trq at the tire
    2017 C7 GS 3LT - All stock for now, waiting impatiently for shop time to install parts

Tuning Addict
    You know - first off why? Why did you swap out the l99 for a ls3? Was it just because of the initial power numbers or was the l99 having problems? Only reason I'm asking is that's part of your problem.

There are only 3 main differences between a ls3 and a l99. L99 has variable cam timing and because of this it has reliefs cut into the pistons to allow for the extra valve clearance causing a drop in compression ratio. The ls3 has a more aggressive cam from factory which is ALL that really gives it it's extra hp and tq. Me personally I would have rather had the reliefs and kept the l99...

Now with that being said this should have turned the lightbulb on for the two different tunes. LS3 doesn't have variable cam - your tune still shows variable cam present just for starters.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You know - first off why? Why did you swap out the l99 for a ls3? Was it just because of the initial power numbers or was the l99 having problems? Only reason I'm asking is that's part of your problem.

There are only 3 main differences between a ls3 and a l99. L99 has variable cam timing and because of this it has reliefs cut into the pistons to allow for the extra valve clearance causing a drop in compression ratio. The ls3 has a more aggressive cam from factory which is ALL that really gives it it's extra hp and tq. Me personally I would have rather had the reliefs and kept the l99...

Now with that being said this should have turned the lightbulb on for the two different tunes. LS3 doesn't have variable cam - your tune still shows variable cam present just for starters.
    Very helpful. thanks for taking the time to review and more important, catching that issue.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, will do so. log to follow shortly.

Senior Tuner
    This needs more tuning but the issue looks like a miss on the drivers side. I could tell better if you logged a wide open throttle pull.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs