Thread: NEW Gen 2 CTS-V owner NEED ASSISTANCE PLEASE

Potential Tuner

NEW Gen 2 CTS-V owner NEED ASSISTANCE PLEASE

Hey guys,

I recently bought another cts-v because i truly love these cars. I'm not very knowledgeable at all but I feel I have come to the right place. I am ordering my HP Tuner this week to hopefully combat these issues I'm having as well. I have attached the HPT file my buddy saved from viewing it with his, and also am attaching the list of mods that were advertised with the car. The car has been having issues where the AFR states 16-20:1 at idle, at first it will be at 14:1 then slowly lean out max 20:1 but constantly fluctuating. When i barely touch the accelerator it kind of burbles and misses, and drops idle and when i let out it sometimes stalls, also occurring in drive-thrus and backing out of my driveway, from what I've researched I cant see why the stoich AFR was set to 29 by previous tuner. I am not smart enough to know why that ever may be necessary. On my Autel scanner its logging around -10 ST fuel trims at idle. Could you look at the tune and possibly tell me what's funky? It seems like there were many edits but I couldn't make sense of anything. Much appreciated.

CTSV stall.hptIMG_0537.jpg
    Last edited by ctswee; 03-31-2022 at 08:54 PM.

Potential Tuner
    bump

Tuning Addict
    I have a feeling that whomever may have tuned this did it in a hurry.

To start with it appears you have longtube headers with no cats, pulley and or pulleys, setup to run e85 and something around 100ish lb injectors.

The injectors is where things get oddish. To begin with even though - yes they max out the limit of the cal toward the end of the scaling - it really doesn't matter because the calibration probably wouldn't ever use any part of that anyway, SO yes you could probably put stoichio and valve terms back to stock then multiply the injector flow rate by 2 to balance things back out... BUT, this isn't even the big problem I'm seeing. Your calibration was changed to reference a map injector offset table that's 0ed out, so how's that going to work? Put the offset switch back to vacuum, re-tune your MAF and VE tables. If you like you can multiply your injector flow rate by 2, intake valve terms by 2 and then your stoichio table by .5 if you like as well. Get all of these fixed and I would say a lot of your problems will resolve themselves...

EDIT-Just saw the build. Yeah you don't have to scale the injector cal for 850's. In fact they might even be a touch small for e85 with a lot of boost especially if you plan on future mods. Fix the injector side of the tune and go from there. You might even want to get the injector data from FIC.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 04-02-2022 at 06:17 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for your response. I will definitely adjust the injector side of things. I haven't been running e85 due to the size of the injectors just in case. It may be safe once i fix the tune to run? Again i really appreciate the insight it's been really frustrating because the car is in such good condition and i'd like to keep it running the same.