Thread: Crazy throttle issue, lazy response, need help before I lose my mind

Tuner in Training

65 Lincoln is mad, Crazy throttle issue, lazy response

First ill state the problem and then the setup, Ive never had this issue before on any vehicle but this is my first E38. Ill also see if I can post up three different logs also and a copy of my file. The tune will probably look jacked up to folks as ive been trying everything I can think of just to get this issue figured out.

Ive even tried to mimic the LS3 Erod tune with no success.

If you turn the key on and start the car then it acts as if youre only getting 25% throttle output versus pedal input and doesnt want to idle. Now if you give it anywhere between 25%-50% when you turn the key on and then crank the car, it will free rev like a bat out of hell and has decent power but you cannot footbrake it and get the tires to spin or even push through the brakes. BUT if you turn the key on with no throttle and then crank with giving it throttle I still get the lazy throttle response.
    Now when I crank it the giving it throttle way, I can drive it but just feels like its still only getting 1/4 throttle. Runs and drives smooth except for that

I tried a different throttle body and the same issue.

Painless LS3 harness
    Corvette pedal
    E38 from an 07 tahoe
    LS3 map sensor
    LS7 MAF sensor
    LS3 vette O2 sensors

LH6 5.3
    Stock Gen4 truck throttle body
    LS2 cam from an 06 TBSS I had laying around
    58x crank, 4x cam gear with front mount sensor
    hate to admit this part but an sheetmetal intake
    if memory serves me 1800-2000 stall converter
    2.5" dual exhaust back to chambered mufflers

lincoln idle then stall after rev.hpl
    lincoln startup and stall.hpl
    wot footbrake and stall when let off.hpl
    trial.hpt
    Last edited by madkidd007; 04-02-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I woke up this morning wanting this fixed and I thought maybe two more logs would help anyone thats been down this road. I was thinking maybe my new pedal may have an issue, although doubtful.
    One file is turning the key on and cycling the throttle pedal like normal.
    The other giving it partial throttle and holding while I turn the key on and then cycling the throttle

lincoln throttle pedal cycle normal key.hpl
    lincoln throttle pedal cycle turn key on while giving throttle.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Just adding information here as my day goes on. Found another issue, I have no VSS output or atleast the scanner isn?t showing speed and also making my trans not shift correctly. I robbed a known good VSS from another vehicle here so I know the sensor isn?t the issue. Anyone had an issue with an E38 not getting a speed signal?

Tuner in Training
    Well I got it figured out. I ended up reflashing everything using an 07 Silverado and did an entire write. Now I just have to dial in for all the changes