Thread: Starter relay high side / low side

Tuner in Training

Starter relay high side / low side

I have an E38 from a 2011 Camaro that has that tab in System/ general/ vehicle. The 2011 Yukon I just swapped didn't have this tab. I've got a no injector pulse at the noid light condition. What is this tab and could it be causing my no start condition? I've got the starter fault check disabled and both vats patches disabled.

The method of controlling the starter relay will not cause a crank-no-start, only a no-crank.

For a non-vehicle-specific primer on high side vs low side switching

high vs low.png

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate the input but in this case the default was "high" , motor cranked but wouldn't fire. Switched to "low" and it fired right up. Odd thing is, the 2011 Yukon Denali 6.2 doesn't have that tab.

So post your diagrams for how the two platforms are controlling the starter relay. I don't have anything past 2009.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for posting your diagrams. Those could be handy for future reference. I'm not sure how Rick wired his starter circuit so I'm also not sure how or why that change made a difference. I have 2014 engine control schematics but not the starter circuit. I'll they to put up the Denali circuit. I do appreciate your input.

Tuner in Training
    Screenshot_20220403-183635.png Start circuit schematic 2011 Yukon Denali