Thread: Bank 2 serious problems.

Potential Tuner

Bank 2 serious problems.

2013 Ats 3.6 lfx stage 1 procharge setup.
    Car ran fine for around 2yrs. 20k miles on Overkill tune. Fast forward. Had a dyno retune after I put TB and ported intake.
    That tune was done in the summer. This Winter my car started running very rich according to my Wideband. I ran it to long like that I'm afraid. I heard a rod knock.
    Ok that was the brief history.
    Update: I replaced the motor long block. Same year make model, etc..motor.
    Completed swap.
    (With upgraded injectors and Hpfp). Started and idled. Sounded ok. Got my tune in there.
    Bank 2 very rich. OL- fault...
    Ok I did have a broken wire connector on the vvt Bank 2 solenoid. Got it all snug with new connector...looks good goes into closed loop....see lots of fuel out of Bank 2 exhaust pipe. Drive around...ol-fault.
    Unplug the oil pressure sensor and it goes into Closed loop.
    Another time idling or test driving up the street and ol-fault.
    Swap out new coolant temp sensor. Goes into closed loop.
    There were many times it went from ol-fault to cl-ready by removing a sensor wire.
    Latest situation after swapping out all sensors except for after cat o2s
    The Bank 2 StFt only stays at -100% as soon as it is powered on. Happens immediately.
    FYI I order a new fuel pump control module.

I think I have an electrical problem 😕
    Thankfully I do have an appointment with my mechanic with all the scanners.

I have two questions that may help me back track the issues.
    1st question is related to the above story.
    What in the hp tuners scanner is the StFt searching for in my car to report back -100% (this is a newer problem this happened when I jacked up the side of my car and put a new 02 sensor on downstream for my wideband, unrelated to any electronics other than the gauge.

My second question is I've unplugged all my sensors on the bank 2 side. When I check voltage on the grounds that are tied into the main engine harness (checking between chassis ground to "engine grounds" specifically ground number 104 it reads voltage 6v key on 12v Started and it sparked when I tried to attach it back the the front of the cylinder head.
    What is happening?
    Last edited by Geoffspeed; 04-02-2022 at 05:12 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Changed the 1st issue with Bank 2 stft. I removed the channel then put it back on the scanner. That got it back from being stick. Now I will plug each sensor in until I get that again.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffspeed View Post
    Changed the 1st issue with Bank 2 stft. I removed the channel then put it back on the scanner. That got it back from being stick. Now I will plug each sensor in until I get that again.
    Took everything apart wiring sensor wise.
    Put it all back together. Started it up.
    Ol-fault
    Got a couple dtc.
    One being po118 engine coolant temp sensor circuit high.
    Unplugged the sensor connector.
    Started it up. Cl-normal.

Potential Tuner
    Also fan won't stop running even when I turned off the car completely. Had to manually unplug it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffspeed View Post
    Also fan won't stop running even when I turned off the car completely. Had to manually unplug it.
    Figured it out. Wiring had melted together on the two wire connector onto the hot metal of the 02 sensor. It's not visible to the eye as far as seeing that they are touching. But when