Thread: rev stumble, point me in the right direction please

Tuner in Training

rev stumble, point me in the right direction please

I may or may not be chasing a throttle issue still on this car, if someone has the time can you take a peak and see if this appears to be in the ETC setting or somewhere else? This is my first in depth vehicle using true gen4 electronics and still getting accustomed.

When I free rev it in park it has a stumble and then revs, reminds me of a carbureted vehicle that doesnt have enough timing.

LH6 with an LS2 cam from a TBSS (only actual engine mod)
    truck throttle body(gold blade)
    LS3 42 lbs injector
    c6 corvette pedal
    LS3 MAP
    LS7 MAF
    4" intake piping
    E38 from an 07 tahoe

lincoln idle wot rev to 2k.hpl
    07 silverado lincoln experiment with vette throttle body settings.hpt

add 10% fuel around the idle area in VE. 400-1200 See if it improves. 10% is just enough to make a noticeable change. If this turns out to be what the cause is, you'll have to work the VE a little bit. If you improved the induction of the motor it probably doesn't have fuel to match it.

Tuner in Training
    What?s funny is for the life of me I never even thought about that, I?m used to playing with aftermarket cams that usually don?t make any more power off idle and don?t need any work down low. I just got back home and about to do some trans adjustments.

I did do a log on the way home so I?ll post that and the current file now just for reference sake as I changed damn near everything and started back as if I just had an 07 Tahoe so I wasn?t chasing my tail.

Car won?t do a standing burnout but did bark the tire when it hit second, going to pull some WOT pressure on the shift since the trans had internal work done. Any opinions of the spark and fuel are welcomed, but not if it?s a pure guess.

Thanks guys

lincoln start then 1 and 2 wot pull feels lazy.hpl
    1965 lincoln e38 tune.hpt
    Last edited by madkidd007; 04-05-2022 at 04:37 PM.

[QUOTE=madkidd007;682934]I may or may not be chasing a throttle issue still on this car, if someone has the time can you take a peak and see if this appears to be in the ETC setting or somewhere else? This is my first in depth vehicle using true gen4 electronics and still getting accustomed.

When I free rev it in park it has a stumble and then revs, reminds me of a carbureted vehicle that doesnt have enough timing.

LH6 with an LS2 cam from a TBSS (only actual engine mod)
    truck throttle body(gold blade)
    LS3 42 lbs injector
    c6 corvette pedal
    LS3 MAP
    LS7 MAF
    4" intake piping
    E38 from an 07 tahoe

make sure you have the correct info installed for the injectors and the map. Your running various parts from different vehicles based on a Tahoe tune. Honestly you would be fine with running a 07 tahoe MAP sensor and probably tahoe injectors given this is a NA build. If your set on keeping these parts you'll need to go on the repository and find the correct info for the parts you are using. Which shouldn't be to bad considering you are using GM parts.

For spark I would use the LS2's file.

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=jon1440;683156]
    Quote Originally Posted by madkidd007 View Post

make sure you have the correct info installed for the injectors and the map. Your running various parts from different vehicles based on a Tahoe tune. Honestly you would be fine with running a 07 tahoe MAP sensor and probably tahoe injectors given this is a NA build. If your set on keeping these parts you'll need to go on the repository and find the correct info for the parts you are using. Which shouldn't be to bad considering you are using GM parts.

For spark I would use the LS2's file.
    Thank you for the help, I actually already changed all my tables over for injectors, map, maf, fuel pressure.

So here is the complications caused by necessity, all of this is in a 65 lincoln and various parts I either had to run or had already. The map I had to use because of the intake, the injectors I had two sets of, the MAF i went with due to scaling would be easier since the LS3 Erod runs the same MAF and MAP sensor. I used a late model GTO tank and pump due to shape and the factory lincoln tank would have been a nightmare so that helped with my fuel PSI table.
    But I am getting close, after learning how the Virtual VE table works on the E38 its made a huge difference. Right now Im working on getting the timing table happy and then I'm going to work on getting the Fuel mixtures just right.
    Im gonna take your suggestion on the LS2 spark tables, but specially for a TBSS as the lincoln weighs 4740 lbs and the final gear ratio is almost the same.

Potential Tuner
    When I had this issue I started to research what to change in the tune but before I got there I figured I should clean my TB before starting. That fixed it.