Thread: Fuel Trims Opposite

Fuel Trims Opposite

Hello,

I have a stage 1 mail tune from a well known shop on an ATS 2.0T. Been on the car for 4 months. Runs great. However, I scanned it with HP Tuners that I now have and have been doing little tuning to my 2016 ZO6.

The MAF trims are very negative 30+, the VE Trims are very positive 30+. Car seems to run good, no knock, misfires, codes??

Any ideas why it's like this? Again, I don't want to mess with something that isn't wrong.

Thanks,

post your tune. MAF and VE can be set different or maybe only one was modified. Oh or it could just be a bad tune.

Yeh, i'll do that later, i'm at work. Again, very strong tuning company.

Stock ATS trans tune Ryans.hpt i think these are the tune and log.

ats 03042022am.hpl The fuel trims are off. unless my scan is messed up. thanks. i noticed no 0xygen volts too.
    ks
    Last edited by jlbjr; 04-04-2022 at 04:49 PM.

I don't see any glaring problems with the tune but I also am not sure what they do in a "Stage 1" tune. I need a stock file to compare it to. I assume you don't have the stock file?

Hello, Are the 02 sensors turned off? I don't think both would be bad? I compaired it to a stock file from the Repository. What makes the MAF and LTFT's so different? Thanks.

I think you have the wrong channels for the O2's Voltage. They are not turned off. Also what are you calling MAF and VE Trims? Are you putting it in MAF only or VE only mode and looking at trims? You are also logging STFT and LTFT for bank 2 which doesn't exist because this is an Inline 4 cylinder. The trims seem to be acting pretty normal except for what looks like you are putting the cruise control on during the log? Its hard to tell really. If there really is an issue recreate a short log of it doing it.

I'm looking at bank 1 of both LT and ST, O2 B1 S1, MAF correction hystigrams. MAF is showing 50% rich. I,m trying to learn if this is a normal type of tune or if something is wrong with the tune or car. Car seems to run very good,. This is not closed loop correct? Thanks.Ryans ATS version 1.hptats 03042022am.hpl
    Last edited by jlbjr; 04-05-2022 at 07:46 PM.

I figured it out. still a rookie. Thanks all.

Please update us on what happened. Leaving it open ended does not help.

I logged the wrong maf columns in my histogram. Tell me about the O2 readings on the PID list. I'm still not seeing voltage on B1S1? On the chart either. Are you? Please, Thanks.
    Last edited by jlbjr; 04-06-2022 at 11:47 AM.

I do not see voltage on the O2 channels. The second one you have selected is B2 so that wont show anything. Are there any other B1S1 and B1S2 O2 channels available? Maybe one with the (SAE) tag on it? In order to see your histogram I need the .chart file I believe?