Thread: Looking for a tune

Looking for a tune

Is anyone still active that is tuning for a 2003.5 HO 5.9 with an NV5600?

Looking for a small HP or a tow tune to use as a comparison to what I'm working towards.

TIA
    2003 2500 QCLB 305/555 NV5600 W/ FAST COOLERS w/ 9 qts Pennzoil Synchromesh, 4x4, Edge CTS for Gauges added with EAS a real Oil psi, LP psi, Oil temp and trans fluid temp, DPP Cool Hose w/ OEM AF Box, Baldwin PF7977, GDP MK-2 FF Kit, OBS Fan Clutch Mod, Steering Box Brace, 1 piece Al driveshaft, On-Board Air w/Horns, BedRug under Color Matched Leer topper.

Tuner in Training
    Add in 20-30% fuel map and run around 24Deg timing at the top. Normally hyped up trucks go as far at 32-38Deg timing. the 20's is a safe start.
    You may need to pull Current(amps) from the FCA if you see rail pressure dropping on the logs.

Here are 2 that I downloaded from here a few years back...
    Mine is an Auto so I'm not sure these will work (I think they will as I believe the TCM is stand along)...

Anyway you can compare these to a stock read and get an idea what has been done
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dhoagland; 04-14-2022 at 10:10 AM.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Stock Read from my 03 Auto
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Thx for the replies.
    2003 2500 QCLB 305/555 NV5600 W/ FAST COOLERS w/ 9 qts Pennzoil Synchromesh, 4x4, Edge CTS for Gauges added with EAS a real Oil psi, LP psi, Oil temp and trans fluid temp, DPP Cool Hose w/ OEM AF Box, Baldwin PF7977, GDP MK-2 FF Kit, OBS Fan Clutch Mod, Steering Box Brace, 1 piece Al driveshaft, On-Board Air w/Horns, BedRug under Color Matched Leer topper.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Here are 2 that I downloaded from here a few years back...
    Mine is an Auto so I'm not sure these will work (I think they will as I believe the TCM is stand along)...

Anyway you can compare these to a stock read and get an idea what has been done
    Where did you download these files from? When I look in the tune repository there's only like a handful of tunes in there and most of them are stock.

Banned
    From the forum, not the tune repository

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    From the forum, not the tune repository
    Oh, that's weird. I can't find any with the search tool. I was trying to find the ones link in this thread so I could read what they were intended to be doing.

I believe I PM'ed you about a week ago to ask whether you're still tuning transmissions. Not sure if you saw that message. I appreciate your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    Oh, that's weird. I can't find any with the search tool. I was trying to find the ones link in this thread so I could read what they were intended to be doing.

I believe I PM'ed you about a week ago to ask whether you're still tuning transmissions. Not sure if you saw that message. I appreciate your time.
    I tried to find the original threads but I could not...
    Its very possible I found them on Cummins forum but all my subscribed threads are gone (I did let my membership expire)

If you compare the 2 to the stock read I posted you can see what was done
    They were threads just like yours, wanting a safe power increase