Thread: 2015.5 lml Allison line pressure.

Potential Tuner

2015.5 lml Allison line pressure.

Is trans line pressure adjustable via tuning with first gen MPVI?

Tuner in Training
    I believe line pressure is mechanically regulated.

Potential Tuner
    How can PPEI claim their trans tunes can? This is from Ppei web site TCM tune 250$

It has an aggressive Line PSI slope which will model a torque curve 100% above stock. The line PSI is modified in such a way that the truck will still retain good mileage yet hold high line psi (close to 245-300psi under full load) following this torque curve. Line PSI is increased across the board, so as a result, fuel economy may be lower in some cases.

Could do this, cost me 250$ and not be able to use my htp to make any more changes, their tunes are locked. If you open a ticket, send them a log and plea your case they can resend an adjusted tune.

Bd diesel also sells a piggy back box that claims it will do it the same but only above 15% throttle so your not maxing the pump all the time like foolers or springs. It sells for 315$ If its reliable, might be the best option and the most costly.

Just figured we should have that ability too.
    Im using the first MPVI with rev 3.6.26 and a old ass widow7 that cant update to the latest rev. I was hoping someone confirm that this was or wasn't an adjustable parameter in the more current revision. This was long winded.

Potential Tuner
    Also it is said that the lml and l5p Allis line pressure varies, shifts psi are around 250p then backs down to 80p between shifts regardless of load, so the TCM is controlling something. Lml and l5p designed this way to help milage.

I would think line pressures are electronically controlled but I am not familiar on the Allison. Pull up a file and see what is there for adjustment
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Ls3silverado View Post
    Also it is said that the lml and l5p Allis line pressure varies, shifts psi are around 250p then backs down to 80p between shifts regardless of load, so the TCM is controlling something. Lml and l5p designed this way to help milage.

Yes - the LML and L5P have pressure control electronically. Our files 100% raise pressure and have for nearly 8 years.

The files are locked because its our work that we spent of ton of time in hex to figure out how to do this and if someone wants to do it then they simply need to put in the work. No one ever has to "plea a case" with us - they simply tell us what they want adjusted and we do it.

-Kory @ PPEI
    Infatuated by advancing acceleration in one hell of an aggressive manner.

PPEI.com