Thread: Closed Loop MAF Tuning?

Tuner in Training

Closed Loop MAF Tuning?

Hello All,
    How does the process work to set my computer up to run in closed loop MAF tuning on a 2015 Tundra? I am somewhat familiar with GM LS engines. Does the process work the same?
    Any tips, help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Jake

2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Liter. K&N cold air intake.
    2015 Toyota Tundra Limited 4X4 5.7L
    K&N Cold Air Intake
    2006 Base LS2

Pfadt 1 7/8" long tube headers w/ 3"collectors, Tick Performance 231/235/111, Comp Cams Ultra Gold 2122 1.82 ratio rocker arms,
    X-pipe, high flow cats, Z06 mufflers , Vararam power wedge, and BC coilovers,

Quote Originally Posted by SnakesC6 View Post
    Hello All,
    How does the process work to set my computer up to run in closed loop MAF tuning on a 2015 Tundra? I am somewhat familiar with GM LS engines. Does the process work the same?
    Any tips, help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Jake

2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Liter. K&N cold air intake.
    You don't need to do anything special from a calibration perspective - there isn't an equivalent of the LS VE/VVE maps that needs to be disabled for MAF tuning. There are models used in transients, for instance, but they aren't available for us via HPT, and they don't present an issue for tuning the MAF.

Like anything, you'll need to set up your filters in VCM Scanner to separate closed loop/open loop data and remove large transients; you can use the onboard widebands to correct regions of open loop that are within the reporting limit of the sensor (0.822 lambda).