Thread: Injector tuning questions

Injector tuning questions

I have a 16 charger scat pack. With a edelbrock supercharger, long tube headers, high flow cats, forged pistons, and a comp cams custom cam. I just installed FIC 1000cc injectors. I am tuning for the injectors now, trying to learn how to do it myself because tuners I?ve had tune disappear. NN is turned of and tuning the VE table by logging ltft+stft and multiplying by half. The cruise area is looking good. But no matter what I change to the VE the idle area is still pulling -21. Should I adjust the injector PW at idle or decrease airflow at idle. Or am I even going about it the right way. Looking for a little guidance. Thanks.
    Last edited by ramdart74; 04-06-2022 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramdart74 View Post
    a comp cams custom cam. I just installed FIC 1050 injectors.................... NN is turned of and tuning the VE table by logging ltft+stft and multiplying by half. The cruise area is looking good. But no matter what I change to the VE the idle area is still pulling -21. Should I adjust the injector PW at idle or decrease airflow at idle. Or am I even going about it the right way. Looking for a little guidance. Thanks.
    Depends if idle was under 5-10% with the Cam but BEFORE you installed the injectors. Cams ruin VE under 2K and jack up the Fuel Trims, but so does a screwed up Fuel Model(aka injector scale)

If ltft+stft, was decent before and the FIC install ruined it, Adjust the LOW SLOPE(~2800 and down) of the ipw up 15%

If ltft+stft was jacked up even before the FICs, take a good 15% out of the VE and blend/smooth thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
    Depends if idle was under 5-10% with the Cam but BEFORE you installed the injectors. Cams ruin VE under 2K and jack up the Fuel Trims, but so does a screwed up Fuel Model(aka injector scale)

If ltft+stft, was decent before and the FIC install ruined it, Adjust the LOW SLOPE(~2800 and down) of the ipw up 15%

If ltft+stft was jacked up even before the FICs, take a good 15% out of the VE and blend/smooth thoroughly.

Thank, looking at logs before the new injectors, ltft+stft was 10% and lower, So all I did will so far with injector data was put FIC data in. What table is the low slope in? I am not seeing anything with rpm. Or maybe I am not understanding correctly.

Advanced Tuner
    What's your current VE at idle? Sure you are not hitting a min VE limit?

Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post
    What's your current VE at idle? Sure you are not hitting a min VE limit?
    Its 39, I attached a tune, and a log of it
    22-04-05 06-53-09.hpl
    charger 22mar2022v5.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    what other way to tune VE if i dont have downstream o2's? next question is, i have buns for downstream but not sure they are for way enough to work correctly. how far from apart should the downstream be from upstream to work properly?
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ramdart74 View Post
    Its 39, I attached a tune, and a log of it
    22-04-05 06-53-09.hpl
    charger 22mar2022v5.hpt
    You're talking VE but I don't see any VE PIDs being logged (unless im blind lol)? Are you resetting all the adaptives after you upload new tunes?

Nothing obvious is standing out in your tune. Strange that the trims nose dive on idle. What do they do when you hold it just off idle? Free revving at say 1000, 2000 and 3000rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post
    You're talking VE but I don't see any VE PIDs being logged (unless im blind lol)? Are you resetting all the adaptives after you upload new tunes?

Nothing obvious is standing out in your tune. Strange that the trims nose dive on idle. What do they do when you hold it just off idle? Free revving at say 1000, 2000 and 3000rpm?

Logging ltft and stft. I also have a wide band, but I think I got it. I think I had a mistake with the injector tables. I was getting an error message on the fuel mass axis. When I changed the cell that was giving me the fuel. Now I can see changes in the idle area of the VE. I now have them within 5%. Going to start with WOT tuning now using the wide band.