Thread: Tuning 2014 gmc 5.3

Potential Tuner

Question Tuning 2014 gmc 5.3

I am looking at buying the stuff to tune my truck. I was wondering if I get a tune from hp tuners or someone on this forum would I be able to do any additional adjustments when I add cam headers and stall later in the year?

If you are asking if someone can make adjustments to your tune file and then send it back to you so you can write it the answer is yes.

For free though is a different question...
    '99 Silverado LQ4
    '96 Impala SS LT1
    '06 Sierra LBZ

Potential Tuner

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by shakenfake View Post
    If you are asking if someone can make adjustments to your tune file and then send it back to you so you can write it the answer is yes.

For free though is a different question...
    Not asking for free . I want someone to tune my truck then when I install cam and other goodie?s I was asking could I make changes to that tune or will I have to have someone re do the tune..

Yes, changes can be made to the tune again. Basically an unlimited amount of changes can be made to the computer. But if two different people do the tunes, you'll be paying twice to unlock that computer, if the same person does the tune again it won't cost money because the computer is already unlocked on that tuning device.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

If someone makes changes on his tune via just the editor it should be free no? If he emails them his file and then they just edit and send back I thought that was free but I may be mistaken.
    Ayyyy 12345 posts
    '99 Silverado LQ4
    '96 Impala SS LT1
    '06 Sierra LBZ

Potential Tuner
    Do you do tuning? What all have you done to ur truck ?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yes, changes can be made to the tune again. Basically an unlimited amount of changes can be made to the computer. But if two different people do the tunes, you'll be paying twice to unlock that computer, if the same person does the tune again it won't cost money because the computer is already unlocked on that tuning device.
    Do you do tuning? What all have you done to ur truck ?

Quote Originally Posted by shakenfake View Post
    If someone makes changes on his tune via just the editor it should be free no? If he emails them his file and then they just edit and send back I thought that was free but I may be mistaken.
    Ayyyy 12345 posts
    That is correct. The cost would still be just once because the first unlock of the computer would be him. I was just saying that if he unlocked it and then brought the truck to someone and they tuned it while not using his tuner, it would cost him again.

And I only do local tuning stuff, nothing online yet. I also don't have a MPVI2, so I can't edit tunes and post them back up on the forums.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you I thought so but was just double checkin
    '99 Silverado LQ4
    '96 Impala SS LT1
    '06 Sierra LBZ

Advanced Tuner
    I would say you have some really good GenV tuners on this forum to choose from. My personal favorite is GHuggins. Also yours being a 2014 saves you some major cash for credits. I think yours is just $100 in license credits where my 2017 is $600 after TCM unlock and licenses.