Thread: Throttle Control Table Adjustment Question

Tuner in Training

Throttle Control Table Adjustment Question

I have a question about adjustment tables for throttle response for high speed driving. Can I modify just the Mode 1 HSD table under Pedal Follower or do I have to change the mode 1 HSD tables under Function Monitoring and Extented Monitoring to similar values as well?
    Thanks in advance.
    20220408_124953.jpg

When I made my adjustments I adjusted all 3 tables. keep in mind some are % an some are voltage. Also you need to know which mode your in if it has a mode switch. Be careful with reverse though I gotta go back an make adjustments on mine reverse will throw you through the windshield if you ain't careful

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP1976 View Post
    When I made my adjustments I adjusted all 3 tables. keep in mind some are % an some are voltage. Also you need to know which mode your in if it has a mode switch. Be careful with reverse though I gotta go back an make adjustments on mine reverse will throw you through the windshield if you ain't careful
    Thanks RIP1976 for the reply, I just wanted to adjust mine for high speed driving. Little more throttle response would be nice with my clutch kit and 30s. The low range is fine and reverse is fine. Did you change anything in the pedal follower normal tab?

Steve here is a screen shot of tables I've adjusted on so far. Now the question I have though is when it knows the difference between low speed an high speed unless its all related to the low an high gear selection
    Screenshot 2022-04-14 095516.png
    Last edited by RIP1976; 04-14-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Steve here is a screen shot of tables I've adjusted on so far. Now the question I have though is when it knows the difference between low speed an high speed unless its all related to the low an high gear selection
    Screenshot 2022-04-14 095516.png
    RIP you are correct, selected tables reflect reverse, high and low range. That's how it knows. They just use mode 1 in each in each range because it doesn't have multiple driving modes in each range eg: High range having eco mode and performance mode. My buddies ranger xp has 3 selectable modes for each range and each one of the mode 1 2 and 3 tables are set up differently. Its actually pretty cool how it's done.

I'm thinking the Normal Table under pedal follower is the base parameters for the error corrections to run off and the where the numbers start for it to calculate your how it reacts depending on how you have your high, low and reverse modes set up. I've been waiting to get a rzr1000 tune file from my dealership here so I can compare it to my file off my general and see how many things are changed up and how much room there is for safe adjustment. It's all a learning process and it's fun shit.

Steveyeah I pulled my buddys 2021 Ranger Wetland tune the other day an while scanning it I noted it it has drive mode 1 for standard 4 for Work an 2 for performance I had actually already put in my mind of a way to wire up the pcm to add this on my General as well but LS wiring is what I do full time so my mind is alwys racing with stuff like this including the ideal I've had since day 1 that I bought the General of cruise control an I've actually got an ideal of how to possibly make it work I just gotta get ahold of a schematic to see it. Also I'll run over to my brothers this weekend an get a copy of his 2019 Rzr1000 tune an send it to ya.

Tuner in Training
    Steveyeah I pulled my buddys 2021 Ranger Wetland tune the other day an while scanning it I noted it it has drive mode 1 for standard 4 for Work an 2 for performance I had actually already put in my mind of a way to wire up the pcm to add this on my General as well but LS wiring is what I do full time so my mind is alwys racing with stuff like this including the ideal I've had since day 1 that I bought the General of cruise control an I've actually got an ideal of how to possibly make it work I just gotta get ahold of a schematic to see it. Also I'll run over to my brothers this weekend an get a copy of his 2019 Rzr1000 tune an send it to ya.
    Oh man that would awesome! My buddy owns the polaris dealership here in town where I live and I was gonna grab the tune off of the one he has sitting at the showroom but they needed to steal the ignition out of it so when I went over, I coulnt power the ecu to get the tune file lol. I was just waiting for the new ignition to be installed and then I was gonna go back but if you could get me the file I'd really appreciate it. Its awesome that you have a general too that you're working on, at least I now have someone to converse and brainstorm with

Steve anytime man my buddy is here now welding in the 02 bung in so I can start data logging an seeing where the fueling is at on it.

Tuner in Training
    Steve anytime man my buddy is here now welding in the 02 bung in so I can start data logging an seeing where the fueling is at on it.
    Hey I sent you a PM. Check your inbox