Thread: Does MPVI2+ Support Reading AEM 30-0310 thru CAN with ProLink cable?

Tuner in Training

Does MPVI2+ Support Reading AEM 30-0310 thru CAN with ProLink cable?

I purchased the MPVI2+ with the ProLink cable and connected the CAN +/- directly to my AEM 30-0310 Wideband CAN +/-.
    I fired up VCM Scanner, connected to vehicle, repolled for parameters, and I do not see the CAN AEM WB showing up in the parameters list (should see as another OBDII controller).

FYI... The AEM analog signal works thru the ProLink however I want to use the 2 ProLink analog wires for other inputs.

Does the MPVI2+ with ProLink support directly reading the AEM 0310 thru CAN?

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    IIRC, when I was doing testing, the AEMNet CAN devices showed up, here.
    hpt-channels.JPG

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    IIRC, when I was doing testing, the AEMNet CAN devices showed up, here.
    hpt-channels.JPG
    Thanks Dr. Mike,

I added that channel [X-Series UEGO (30-03xx) WB EQ Ratio 1] but you can see in the attached screen shot, the cell is empty.
    I also included the analog WB signal thru the [MPVI2 PL A/D Input 1 (Red)] and there is voltage on that signal.. which shows the WB is working... note engine is not running when I took this shot). WB Screenshot 2022-04-09 200313.jpg

I appreciate the help!

Advanced Tuner
    There was a thread, a while back, where the CAN inputs were not working.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...light=Pro-link

Does this sound like your issue ?

Tuner in Training
    Put a 60 ohm resistor across the the CAN wires. Neither the Prolink+ or the 30-0310 have any CAN bus termination. Anything from 60 to 120 should work fine.

As of Friday the Prolink+ CAN still only works when connected to a laptop and logging with the laptop. HP tuners did get the analog channels fixed in Standalone.

Bench tested Friday night with Prolink+ and 30-0310 (with 60 ohm resistor), bench-top power supply to the analogs. No issues with laptop and analog only working in stand alone. using 5.1.17 firmware off the top of my head.

Tuner in Training
    From the 30-0310 instructions

Bus Termination
    All AEMnet/CAN networks must be terminated to have an equivalent of approximately 60 Ohms of resistance. Generally, this means a 120 Ohm resistor connected in parallel to AEMnet+/AEMnet- (or CANH/CANL) at both physical ends of the bus run. The X-Series controller does not have any internal termination and is intended to be connected to a pre-existing, properly terminated network. Please refer to the Bosch CAN2.0B specification for further detail.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by R Horn View Post
    From the 30-0310 instructions

Bus Termination
    All AEMnet/CAN networks must be terminated to have an equivalent of approximately 60 Ohms of resistance. Generally, this means a 120 Ohm resistor connected in parallel to AEMnet+/AEMnet- (or CANH/CANL) at both physical ends of the bus run. The X-Series controller does not have any internal termination and is intended to be connected to a pre-existing, properly terminated network. Please refer to the Bosch CAN2.0B specification for further detail.
    R Horn - Solved! I added a 100 ohm resistor between the CAN hi & lo and and I now get a lambda reading.
    Thank you for solving this issue!

Dr. Mike, Thanks for your help too!

Jeff

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by R Horn View Post
    Put a 60 ohm resistor across the the CAN wires. Neither the Prolink+ or the 30-0310 have any CAN bus termination. Anything from 60 to 120 should work fine.

As of Friday the Prolink+ CAN still only works when connected to a laptop and logging with the laptop. HP tuners did get the analog channels fixed in Standalone.

Bench tested Friday night with Prolink+ and 30-0310 (with 60 ohm resistor), bench-top power supply to the analogs. No issues with laptop and analog only working in stand alone. using 5.1.17 firmware off the top of my head.
    So I can only log in standalone (no laptop) if I use the OBD2 30-0334? Id really like to use the non gauge 30-0310. Also prefer not to use the analog inputs.

Advanced Tuner
    The 30-0310 can be re-FLASHed with OBD2 firmware, like the 30-0334.

Tuner in Training
    As mentioned above by dr.mike the 30-0310 re-flashed to function like the 30-0334 works perfectly in stand alone.

As for stand alone prolink this email was as of 04/13/2022 (however they did resolve stand alone analog)

Hello,

I understand you are having troubles using the Prolink Can Inputs when stand alone logging. We are currently working to resolve an issue causing the Prolink to not record when using the stand alone data logging. We do not currently have an ETA as to when it will be resolved.

Tuner in Training
    Hey mike, I just came across this post because I too was wanting to use my 30-0310 on the canbus. I thought it was as easy as booking up the wires but nope. I don?t want to use the gauged 30-0334 because it will me more of a mobile setup. How would I go about flashing my device? Thanks!