Thread: Intake Flap delete, no start

Intake Flap delete, no start

I just recently did timing chain tensioners and a valve job on my B8 2.0T, I noticed the car had imrc blanks installed and to my knowledge was never tuned, car fails to start and only sputters when it tries. Any advice?

Tuner in Training
    Did you have the issue right after doing the Timing chain? you saw the blanks when you took the intake out for doing the timing chain so it was running before or?
    The car should still run i had mostly issues in cold start but once the cycle went thru car was running fine.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry for the late reply, it ended up being a fuel line being partially disconnected and leaking most of the pressure. It does still have the rough idle on a cold start but nothing I can't touch up in the tune I'm sure.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldEaglePerformanceLLC View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, it ended up being a fuel line being partially disconnected and leaking most of the pressure. It does still have the rough idle on a cold start but nothing I can't touch up in the tune I'm sure.
    Could you share your strategy to fix the cold start with no flaps, I am having similar issues on a 2010 2.0 TSI.