Thread: 2003 Mercury Grand MArquis

Potential Tuner

2003 Mercury Grand MArquis

What is the deal with HP Tuners listing only the 2005 and up Crown Vic and Grand Marquis?

Is there any support for a 2003? If not what is the problem and what mod can I make to use HP Tuner or alternatively what tuner can I use?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by False View Post
    What is the deal with HP Tuners listing only the 2005 and up Crown Vic and Grand Marquis?

Is there any support for a 2003? If not what is the problem and what mod can I make to use HP Tuner or alternatively what tuner can I use?

Thanks
    if 4.6 it should be supported, can u post the Vin or 4 digit Strategy code of the door jam or pcm? You could always use a mustang calibration if not support under grand marquis. You will need an MPVI 2 to read it.

Advanced Tuner
    they deleted my post but if you need something hit me up

can't use a mustang strategy as it doesn't natively control the starter relay, hvac eadt, alternator regulator or variable speed fan and also has a different type pats c / e.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    if 4.6 it should be supported, can u post the Vin or 4 digit Strategy code of the door jam or pcm? You could always use a mustang calibration if not support under grand marquis. You will need an MPVI 2 to read it.
    ECD0 is the code.

VIN is 2MEFM74W93X645210

I know the 4.6 4 valve was in some 03-04 cars but mine is just same old 4.6 2v PI. The 2005 had better air box but really don't understand how that changes tuner compatibility.

Advanced Tuner
    05 is powerpc

04 is eec-v

two different processors