Thread: Virgin To The Tuning World....LY6 in place of LM7 ....Needing experienced assistance

Potential Tuner

Virgin To The Tuning World....LY6 in place of LM7 ....Needing experienced assistance

so like the title says... first time tuning anything...I own a shop and do anything automotive so im familiar with the logistics of mostly everything, but tuning has me a little overwhelmed.

What i have going is an 01 tahoe that had a junk 5.3l (LM7) and i put an LY6 out of an 08 in it ... it runs pretty decent but i know theres massive amounts of adjusting for improvement.. Im just not experienced/confident enough to know what to adjust without potentially hindering anything

it has the stock trans (4l60e)/torque converter, t-case, tire size, O2 sensors, MAF, valve train, ECU, resonant knock sensors (with aftermarket brackets)...all stock per vehicle application..

stock LY6 parts consist of: original intake/injectors #12580681, MAP sensor

other upgrades when built was a ls3 cam #12623063 non VVT
    Dur.@ .050in. 204/211
    Lift - .551 / .552

Lingerfelter conversion module

92mm throttle body ...cable driven

no egr with LY6 ...im sure your aware

just really looking for pointers on where to go from the little bit ive changed / or if someone can build a base tune and instruct me where to go from there... ill pay.. if youre not having me pay your mortgage that is... have original stock file for both the LM7 and LY6 vehicles if that helps at all... tell me how dumb i am and what ive done wrong ..not gonna hurt my feelings..i get it.... just trying to learn and get this running better where its happier.. this is the current tune file im with and changed very little. just a little obvious things (to me)...... any help/ insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Andrew
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't have the data handy but you need to update all the injector data. The flow rate isn't enough. You still need the min injector pulse, short pulse adder and the offset vs volts data. A few guys on here likely have the converted data from gen 4 into gen 3.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I'll look into that.. I sure appreciate the assistance
    Thank You!