Thread: 2017 Ecoboost turbo smart

2017 Ecoboost turbo smart

Hey I have a 2016 with a turbo smart waste gate having all kinds of issues with it anyone have the waste gate data for this? I?d greatly appreciate it

It?s equipped with a cat less Downpipe aswell

What motor, I,ve got one on my 17 Sport. I set my min open time down to .8 seconds, and bump the surge line up 5 to 10%. It takes a lot of tinkering to get it right, but once you do, it will feel a lot better than stock.
    You may need to look at you exhaust tables. Being catless, your changing the back pressure which needs to be tuned for if you want the most from the down pipe. I've got a set of catted down pipes coming for mine, and plan on tuning for them due to the fact they use Magna Flow cats which are the best on the market for flow.

What are you altering for catless downpipes? I have some on my 13 EB F150 and without changes to my tune I noticed a good increase in power up top, even at the same boost pressure.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

There's a few things that should be adjusted for the pipes, even catted down pipes need attention. Your changing the back pressure after the charger which will have an effect on how well it spools.

Quote Originally Posted by skylinedan View Post
    There's a few things that should be adjusted for the pipes, even catted down pipes need attention. Your changing the back pressure after the charger which will have an effect on how well it spools.
    Would you care to elaborate?
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

im currently on mission with the catless downpipe if anyone is avalble to share info privatly or publicly i am all for it i will pay. Ive messed around with wastegate fmem etc etc cant seem to figure it out. 2015 ecoboost, Downpipe Intercooler and E30. Stock Wastegate. Josh ECOBOOST try number 7.hptjosh eco 4-22-22 2015 ecoboost.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't do anything special for my catless downpipe, just zeroed the cat thresholds in catalyst diag and turned off threshold DTCs.
    The exhaust model should be updated to be really correct, but I haven't found any issues leaving those params stock.