Thread: MSD Ignition Coils---problems???

MSD Ignition Coils---problems???

Two weeks ago I purchased and installed a set of MSD ignition coils, hoping I would get an improvement in performance. Instead, when I go full throttle, as soon as the car shifts out of 1st gear into second, it falls flat on its face. For about 1 second, there is no power, its like the engine has been shut off. Then it quickly resumes power into second gear.

Has anyone else had similar problems??
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Back when I knew everyone with 3800's, nobody really ran MSD because some people did have issues. You can't beat the stock coil in my opinion.

My thought is that they can offer no better performance over stock because you are still limited by the ignition control module that is the brains/control of the spark. The electricity still has to come from the ICM and if that is still stock, how can an MSD coil offer anything more than what the stock coil already did.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

No first hand experience but I've read the 5th gen ecm/lgx/lgz do not run right with after market coils.