Thread: 2014 Mustang GT Boss IM and JLT.2, O/R X pipe

Cool 2014 Mustang GT Boss IM and JLT.2, O/R X pipe

Hello all, Im new to HP tuners I have a 14 Mustang GT I would like to start to modify. I have read my stock tune file and changes only the following.

MAF VS Period all values x1.69 from stock. (86mm stock maf housing/ JLT.2 112mm)
    Plenum volume 11.74L from stock 11.10 for the Boss 302 intake manifold

Is this all I require changed to start the car once the new parts have been bolted on?

Also I have an Off Road X pipe I plan to install at the same time looking for guidance on how to deal with my CEL due to lack of stock cats. Its simple enough to disable the CEL codes for the cats. Just wondering if that is the best method.

Thanks Gents,

Potential Tuner
    I'm new to HP Tuners as well. I have an SCT tuner. Moving from SCT to HP Tuners. Able to pull the SCT CAN tune file and read with Editor. Attached the pic of MAF vs Period numbers from SCT and Stock. The stock file with JLT option added when uploaded SCT tune to car. Not sure if the SCT JLT numbers are the same for JLT II CAI.

How do these number match to your?

This all I have done so far.

Stock: 2012_Stock_MAFvsPeriod.jpg JLT:2012_SCT_JLT.jpg
    Last edited by myStang5Oh; 10-04-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Multiply the number ( 1.5 )by all the numbers in the column

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Multiply the number ( 1.5 )by all the numbers in the column
    The MAF diameter hasn't increased 50%. If the MAF housing diameter is stock then why are we changing things?

Should upgrade the MAF to a larger diameter. No point in a larger throttle body without doing that. All it does is give the illusion of power due to responsiveness. The airflow/degree is larger, but it'll be restricted by the MAF sooner.

Even if a new MAF is installed with a 50% larger diameter it's sloppy to just multiply the values by 1.5. It should be done right to account for the boundary layer.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 11-10-2022 at 07:00 PM.