Thread: 2 Bar OS VE Table Converter

Senior Tuner

2 Bar OS VE Table Converter

Hey all,

This sheet will take your existing co-efficient based GMVE table and convert it to the HP 2 Bar OS VE format. This will get you real close and not have to lose all your had GMVE tuning work when choosing to convert. A very good point to start from.

This sheet was created in MS Excel 365 so is the latest version. I do not know if it will work with old versions of Excel. The sheet is password protected, this is just so you don't wipe out any formulas so as not to break the sheet function. It supports an additional 6 rows and columns over default if you have increased the resolution of your GMVE table.

Please watch my very boring video of how to use it before using it for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px6dg-iKIPM

Edits:
    1. Increased column widths
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hjtrbo; 04-28-2022 at 12:26 AM.

Tuning Addict
    Either I'm doing something wrong - which is more than possible - or this possibly doesn't work with every OS or something? I'm trying to plug in the coefficients according to your video and a lot of them are just turning into hash marks - for zero's - even though the cells aren't zero's - if that makes sense? It's not creating the new VVE table from the coefficients. I'm also noticing that every time I post the values in I have to fix the pasting so it goes into the cells correctly - maybe this is the whole problem?

Again, I'm probably doing something wrong, but did try it twice from the video. I'm attaching the tune that I'm trying to use for an experiment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    If they aren't pasting in correctly its usually because Excel is not automatically pasting delimited. If that is the case, then use the text to columns tool. Don't worry about the hashes, that's just excel saying there isn't enough column width to display the value. I have made an edit to increase the column widths.

I used your files. Went good as gold.

Tuning Addict
    Well, it's posting the coefficients in correctly now, but still won't populate the VVE table on the second page. I pasted in the VVE table from the tune and 2bar axis - the 2bar axis is the only one that still requires fixing the cell spacing.

It's probably just because I'm using an older version of excel. May have to use a different computer as this one won't update it.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Senior Tuner
    Might pay to pause the video in a few spots and go step by step. Have used it on a few files the last few days and it works a charm. It is excel though so you kinda have to have a little experience to recognise if something didn't go right and fix it. There is no error checking or anything like that so it relies on the inputs been correct.

I tried this and everything looks perfect but nothing generates in the final tables, I'm not great at excel but I don't see any formulas or macros, maybe something is lost in the upload? Anyone else get this working?

Senior Tuner
    I downloaded the sheet just now and tested it again on a fresh base test tune and converted it to 2 bar. Works fine on my PC.

Maybe watch the video again... If still having dramas post your spreadsheet and tune here and I'll take a look.
    Last edited by hjtrbo; 04-28-2022 at 12:33 AM.

Tuning Addict
    I'll see if I can post one up tonight, but really just thinking it's the older versions of excel that most of us are running - I never could get it to work - something isn't jiving with the older excel versions.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Xlookup is only compatible with 365 and 2019. That is the biggest issue. Iferror is only compatible back to 2007.

Everyone needs to get newer versions of excel or the formulas need to be reworked taking backwards compatibility into consideration.
    Last edited by eXo3901; 04-28-2022 at 03:59 PM. Reason: 2nd point added

Senior Tuner
    I won't be going back to make it work for older versions. Thanks eXo3901 for pointing out the version compatibility.