Thread: C7Z - cannot find ECM

C7Z - cannot find ECM

I have a C7Z here that has some minor bolt-on stuff added. Got that work done and then plugged into the OBD2 port to program the ECU. To my surprise, an error came back to the effect that it could not find the ECU. I tried with both an MVPI1 and MVPI2. Same thing. I've tuned a handful of these so it's not my first rodeo. Car runs fine so I know the ECU is not dead. Wonder if it has some CAN network issues? Anyone ever run into this or know how I could diagnose it? Are there known issues like this with these cars? OBD2 plug looks perfect as the car is almost brand new.

Thanks

What error message are you getting??

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

I don't have the exact message at the moment, but something to the effect that it cannot decode/resolve the ECM. I was told that the vehicle was previously tuned with Diablo. I tried to plug the I3 handheld back in and flash back to stock but the Diablo doesn't find the ECM either. CAN high/low pins at the OBD2 plug have some voltage on them so I can only suspect some modules are chatting, just not sure what's going on.

Potential Tuner
    bump