Thread: Anyone have comprehensive datalogs from healthy stock LTG 2.0 turbo (bank lean codes)

Senior Tuner

Anyone have comprehensive datalogs from healthy stock LTG 2.0 turbo (bank lean codes)

Like 60% lean correction, has to be a hell of a vacuum leak or SOMETHING want to see what normal WOT low pressure fuel should be (shows it falling below desired), high side direct inj pressure should be, normal MAF readings idle, cruising, WOT and normal idle timing/TPS values etc to try and figure out whats causing it

Car is bone stock 80k miles
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Here is a log from an off the shelf tune. 0-100ish pull and then long cruise afterwards. It starts with a few seconds of warm idle.

Test 1.hpl

Is your car untuned?

These cars stay in closed loop even at WOT. First thing I am noticing is that it seemingly stops trimming when you go WOT. And you LTFT is 30% before that. Good chance you have a leak somewhere.

Senior Tuner
    How can it be closed loop with narrow band at WOT ?

As far as I know its unturned, have to compare to stock file.

Found missing section of vacuum line in the stupid vacuum operated hydraulic motor mount system and replaced the cracked piece, ltrims still +35 although strims are around 0 now. Must be more vacuum leaks as idle timing seems low like its doing that to hold idle rpm down because of airflow from vacuum leak

Advanced Tuner
    2016 LTGs (except for 2016-2017 Buick Regal) switched to a new ECM (E80) that has factory WBO2s and runs closed loop at WOT

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    2016 LTGs (except for 2016-2017 Buick Regal) switched to a new ECM (E80) that has factory WBO2s and runs closed loop at WOT
    That makes sense, this is a 2014
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Thx for the clarification tunerpro I wasn't sure what years were what. You can clear LTFT in the Scanner.

I have a 2018 Regal FWD 2.0 LTG and under any acceleration HP Scanner shows it's in Open loop and when cruising it shows Closed loop. And like Tunerpro said, car came with factory Wideband O2's. Thus I don't think my logs are gonna be a true apples to apples comparison.

One thing that did stand out in your log is at WOT your Injector Duty Cycle is half of what mine is. Mine shows 18 to 23 idc at WOT while yours is showing 8 to 12 idc at WOT. What that means I'm not sure

Your narrowband O2 shows 0.930 at WOT which is good.

Could you please post your tune ?
    If we could look at your current tune (stock or otherwise) we might be able to find something meaningful.
    Last edited by ZeroBoostBuick; 04-21-2022 at 01:14 PM.

does the car have a flat mat type air filter or a round cartridge? i have seen that when replacing the cartriges people (even GM workshops) braking the mounting clips causing the cartidge to fall off and blocking free flow to AFM