Thread: 2019 Ram 1500 Classic 6.4 BGE Whipple start up issue!

2019 Ram 1500 Classic 6.4 BGE Whipple start up issue!

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic that I installed a TRX fuel pump assembly with the Dual fuel pump control module kit with harness from Tapped Performance. I used a -8 AN returnless fuel line to the Whipple fuel rails on the 2.9 Whipple. It has a Fore Innovation Fuel pressure sensor with Tapped Performance sensor harness extension, the sensor is installed on the fuel rail and I have -8 t-fitting with -8 fuel line feeding both rails. When I originally installed all this the stock 5.7 fuel pump table were used and it would maintain 58 psi fuel pressure except on startup the fuel pressure would max out at the TRX 100PSI internal fuel pressure relief and waste a ton of gas while run extremely rich until it the PCM adjusted it to the 58PSI fuel pressure via the fuel pump control modules. I since installed a Forged 6.4 BGE with a custom grind cam and now running 13PSi, it runs great except using tons of fuel on startup and showing around 9 to 1 AF and 100PSI. The TRX fuel pump tables have been installed but it is still starting up too rich, I'm worried about cylinder washout at this point. One of the issues trying to log the rich AF was the AEM took to much time warming up so I jumpered the wideband to battery power and have it warmed up before it starts up and that's how I was able to see how rich it was. All the new pressure table are responding except start up. Forged 6.4 start up log 20220401 9 to 1.hpl

There is something wrong with the software because we have tuned everything to have the fuel system to act like a Hellcat fuel system with rising pressure. 40 PSI at startup and 80 PSI at WOT, no matter what we program the truck, the startup is like 103PSI with the TRX fuel pump assembly installed that has an internal pressure relief at 103PSI. This is issue is causing engine damage because it’s washing out the cylinders because of the rich start up condition. The rest of the pressures through the RPM range has adjusted perfectly and what’s odd if you turn the ignition to run and prime fuel rails, it reads 70 PSI every time but when you start it, the pressure goes to 103PSI every time, then starts to adjust to the lower pressure it’s tuned for. The HP Tuners software has some type of glitch or something.

Change it from return less to a return style fuel system.